Our partner

Fear of Outer Space

Specific Phobias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Fear of Outer Space

Postby emceeq1 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:37 pm

So, it's not as simple as just a fear of outer space, but me feeling alien to Earth. It frightens me to think that we are just floating around in space and we will never actually feel solid ground. It scares me so much and makes me feel so uneasy even in the most familiar places. Whenever I think about the universe it overwhelms me so much and makes me so upset that I feel like I just don't belong. Anyone else ever feel like this? Thanks.
emceeq1
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Fear of Outer Space

Postby Koopa » Fri May 29, 2015 11:17 am

The thought of Outer Space is very reasonably terrifying.

I myself am horrified by the idea of being lost in space, ex: floating in space with no way to stop or reach anything to save me. Likewise, the thought of being exposed to the vacuum effect of space is also scary.

Honestly, more than either of these, black holes in concept are by far the most terrifying thing to me, even more than being pulled into the sun and burning away.

Fortunately, unless I travel to space or the sun happens to go super nova, I don't have to face these fears. In all honesty, I would think the vast majority of people would have a phobia to these kind of things were they introduced to them.

Sorry, all of this is unrelated to your own actual post. I don't know how to feel alien to earth, but I can definitely relate to feeling like I have no place in the universe, and likewise I can become introspective about the universe and its many mysteries and easily become massively overwhelmed by it. But I don't think these feelings directly relate to the ones you are having...
Officially diagnosed: ADHD, Clinical Depression. "Unofficially" diagnosed: Schizotypal

Please forgive me if I do not read the entirety of long posts, I often have difficulty doing so.
Koopa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Specific Phobias

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post