Our partner

OCPD treatment

Specific diseases message board, open discussion, and online support group.

OCPD treatment

Postby pmmichele » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:57 pm

Hello, this is my first time posting. My husband suffers from OCPD. He does see a therapist and is suppose to be on medication but he doesn't take it. I have joined him in a therapy session and would like to start going regularly when the kids go back to school. Should I tell his therapist that he doesn't take his medication. By the way the only reason he sees a therapist is due to the fact that he is on disability and needs to go to receive his benefits. His behavior is affecting my children (10 and 13- from a previous marriage.) I am crying all the time and don't know what I can do other than leave him. Any advise will be appreciated.
Thank you,
pmmichele
pmmichele
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: OCPD treatment

Postby sunstone » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi there,

Did he ever take his medication? i am wondering if there is some reason for him refusing to take it.
Petrossa wrote:

Imagine you have a blueprint for a sewage system. The blueprint is ok, but unfortunately it's for another city....
sunstone
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:12 am

Re: OCPD treatment

Postby pmmichele » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:46 pm

He has never taken it. He doesn't want anything altering his mind. He doesn't drink either. He doesn't think anything is wrong with him -it's everyone else.
pmmichele
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:12 am

Return to Specific Diseases