Our partner

i hope it's not genetic

Somatoform Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

i hope it's not genetic

Postby passionfruit3 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:31 am

Sometimes i get frustrated like right now with the conversion disorder and in case you didn't know it's where you have weakness or paralysis in your body and its caused based upon your amount of stress you have but theirs nothing really wrong and you can regain movement. Anyway my legs our out so i can't walk and it gets really stressful being dependent on people I crawl to get around my mom doesn't like that. But i do it to gain some form of independence it's really rare i don't know why i got stuck with it but im dealing with it I just hope its not genetic and gets passed on to my children
passionfruit3
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:15 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: i hope it's not genetic

Postby FrayedEndOfSanity » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:44 am

Hi passionfruit,

I don't know if it's genetic or not. I could search the 'Net for you, but then you'd just be getting recycled information.

I think that it's awesome of you to try and maintain independence. It might be hard for your mother to see you like that; this could be why she is snapping. Has your mother seen a therapist herself? I think it might help her to learn some coping skills.

Stay strong!

((((HUGS))))

--Frayed
Do not take my advice before talking to your doctor/counselor/other professional. Depending on where you live, you may be able to find free, confidential care. Most importantly, sometimes your shrink can be wrong. Get a second opinion.
FrayedEndOfSanity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:15 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Somatoform Disorder NOS Forum