Our partner

Marijuana Anxiety

Social Phobia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Marijuana Anxiety

Postby JourneyN2Life » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:24 pm

I've tried marijuana four times. The first two times I experienced some paranoia. The third and four time I had full blown panic attacks. The fourth time being the worst. I still support the use of marijuana and I feel that you just have to careful with it when you're prone to anxiety. I'm generally a pretty anxious person. When I have smoked I've coupled it with large quantities of alcohol and I have over done it by smoking way too much in a short period of time. I know my careless with it and not being in what I felt was a 100% safe environment largely contributed to it. So one thing (someone acting anxious around me, seeing a police car, etc) can set off a whole slew of highly unpleasant symptoms that will eventually have me wanting to call 9-1-1 because I believe my heart is too weak and will explode at any moment.
JourneyN2Life
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby UncleJulio » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:10 am

I used to smoke nearly daily from 18-20 and had all these same symptoms mentioned earlier in the thread. Mind racing when interacting with people, worrying about what they will think of me, worrying about saying the right thing, or making the right remark or comment. I lost a lot of friends because I couldnt handle how nervous I got when I was around them. I thought they hated me, or thought I was fake. Even people I was really close with. The worst part was when it started happening when I was sober.

I stopped smoking weed cold turkey for over a year and the effects started to wear off, but it definitely left a scar and I'm not as social as I used to be. I dont trust people as much anymore and have big mood swings.

But overall, a lot of sleep (going to bed a decent hour), daily exercise, and staying away from any mind altering substances seems to help. I feel like theres no easy remedy except just forcing yourself in social situations and trying to earnestly have a conversation where you speak your mind and listen to the other person intently as well.
UncleJulio
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:23 am

Postby mystic803 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:57 pm

I only smoke when getting ready close to bedtime, otherwise I suffer extreme anxiety if I did it during the day,
mystic803
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:23 am

Postby Domicern » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:58 am

I use marijuana to treat my anxiety. After I smoke or eat cannabis products I feel super calm, of course it depends on person or strain you are using , but for me and some of my friends it helps to calm down.
Last edited by NewSunRising on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed
Domicern
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Postby fozters77 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:57 am

I've been smoking cannabis for a long time, in a purpose to fight against my anxiety level, but recently I found out that cbd oil is much greater thing...
fozters77
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby fozters77 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:05 am

First time, when my brother recommended me to try CBD oil, he gave me that *mod edit*, and said that it's a great place where I can get information how cannabidiol affects on human body, and in basics - where author can suggest great places where to purchase some cbd-infused goods. I was pretty skeptic about it, but finally I've tried it and I felt relaxation from the first minutes.
Last edited by Snaga on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed
fozters77
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Previous

Return to Social Phobia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post