Our partner

i wanna quit smoking journal.

Smoking addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

i wanna quit smoking journal.

Postby sabotage3 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Im a cigarette junkie. Whenever i stress its the first thing i go for but i dont smoke everyday like i used to . I want to quit permanently though. Maybe a journal would help. My big problem is when I get around smokers (everyone i know) I start stealing theirs.

No cigarettes so far today.
sabotage3
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:31 am
Blog: View Blog (39)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: i wanna quit smoking journal.

Postby Wally58 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:34 pm

I quit in a similar manner. I stopped buying cigarettes and bummed a smoke from someone when I could not hold off smoking any longer. It was humiliating and friends began to get upset with me.
I would also have cinnamon candies and took deep breaths (to pretend I was inhaling a smoke) that helped me get through the day. Keeping my fingers busy and hands full also helped.
It is one day at a time. Steady as she goes.
I used to drink and smoke together. I could go through the whole day without either, but once I had a drink, I needed a smoke.
The only way to stop was to quit both together.
People smoking around me didn't necessarily trigger the need for a smoke, but I remember breathing it in on purpose when I could. :mrgreen:
Best of luck to you.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: i wanna quit smoking journal.

Postby sabotage3 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:13 am

Thanks wally58. Ya. I have to smoke and drink together too so I need to quit drinking for awhile also.

I smoked 5 or 6 cigarettes tonight.
sabotage3
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:31 am
Blog: View Blog (39)

Return to Smoking Addiction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post