Our partner

Lilium's Giving Up Smoking Diary

Smoking addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Lilium's Giving Up Smoking Diary

Postby LiliumtheGreat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Following the Graveyard's example, i decided to start a diary of my own to see if i can quit smoking tobacco once and for all....

I've smoked tobacco since i was 13, i'm 22 now and never spent more than a week without smoking....
I'm not sure if i ever spent 3 days without smoking even....

I will not use the "Cold Turkey" method in wich you completely quit smoking from a moment to the next... I will instead use a ultra reduction method to reduce the amount of cigarrets i smoke a day, and eventually going "Cold Turkey" once i can cope with the dimmuinished number of cigarrets a day....

So, i am at a rate of at least 10 cigarrets a day, going to 2 a day, one in the morning and one at night...

Today im only having at night, after the gym, before goin to bed...

It's being horrible, im full of anxiety, in the morning was much worse....

I'll keep this updated....
Remember: You Are Not Alone
LiliumtheGreat
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Lilium's Giving Up Smoking Diary

Postby LiliumtheGreat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:51 pm

First day is almost over, i smoked a total of 3 cigarrets today, one in the afternoon before i went to the gym, one before dinner, and one after...

I want to keep up the 3 number count wich will be very hard tomorow morning.... maybe ill smoke one in the morning, one after lunch and one after dinner, these are the crucial ones where i will suffer more than ever...

Even tonight, before sleeping i will crave... but i must be strong....
LiliumtheGreat
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Graveyard76 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:35 pm

The cutting down method can be a lot harder than just going cold turkey. In my experience, attempts to cut down actually made me want to smoke more, probably because I was making myself more conscious of the craving.

The 'routine' cigarettes are where you'll really feel the jitters. The ones that accompany meals, break times etc. Have you considered trying electronic cigarettes for those times? I found them an absolute godsend.
"Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another." - The 7th Doctor.

* * * TRIGGER WARNING * * *
Graveyard76
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby LiliumtheGreat » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:06 am

yes i have considered eletronic cigarrets, but i always heard that they work with somekind of steam? like vaporised something? i don't know, what i like about smoking is the taste of the smoke itself, that's why i cant smoke "light" brands, or even marlboro, i can't feel the smoke...

What scares me about going cold turkey is the mood swings i suffer and the anxiety....
today worked pretty well the cut down sistem, and i do have a motivation wich is, i need to stop smoking if i am to achieve my goal of running 8 Kilometers, (4mi 1708yd 2.7191ft for those of you who don't use Metric sistem) without stoping, in one hour....
LiliumtheGreat
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Return to Smoking Addiction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post