Our partner

waking up watching tv

Sleepwalking Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

waking up watching tv

Postby stargazer27 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:57 pm

The past week I have woken up twice with the tv remote in my hand the first time I thought I must have left in on but I remember turning it off and putting it on the bedside table before I went to sleep and then it happened again last night, I feel like Im going crazy I just wake up looking at the tv with the remote in my hand and I feel like I havnt really slept for long ,has anyone else had this happen to them?
stargazer27
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:38 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:12 pm

I have never sleepwalked but I thought hat I ought to reply considering nobody else has. Have you managed to prevent yourself from sleepwalking in the past? Would 'hiding' the remote-control somewhere help?
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby bereft » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:39 am

Stargazer27,

What you are describing is a form of sleepwalking and may or may not be a sign of a more serious issue. Here is link:

http://psychologytoday.com/conditions/sleepwalking.html

If anything there sounds familiar, I would talk it over with your doctor and get his recommendation. For sure, I would make sure that you a "safe" at night.

Best,
Things Fall Apart
bereft
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:38 am

Postby jlconsultants » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:16 am

I would definitely discuss this with your doctor, as you may have other undetectable (to you) symptoms that may indicate something deeper is going on.

Also, to keep yourself safe at night, I would simply rig the bedroom door with an alarm that will activate when opened, which should wake you sufficiently to get you back into bed :)

There is on called "the screaming eagle" that activates upon door opening, and I'm sure any decent security device shop can steer you in the right direction. Remember, you do not want to LOCK yourself in, that would be a fire hazard, just close yourself in.

Good luck,

jlconsultants
www.joannaleigh.com
jlconsultants
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Sleepwalking Disorder