Our partner

Sleep sitting??

Sleepwalking Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Sleep sitting??

Postby Sarajane5788 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:06 am

Hello
So here's my story, I have been sleep sitting. I "wake" in the middle of the night and sit up. My boyfriend says i have full conversations with him. Sometimes I make sence other times its random words sometimes i say nothing at all. After a few mins I fall back asleep. But I dont lay back down I fall asleep sitting up. Probably 4 or 5 nights a week I sleep for 4-5 hrs sleeping sitting up. I wake up sitting. My neck hurts, my back hurts and I feel like I haven't slept at all. I did sleep walk as a child and there have been times where I left my bed and have actually sleep walked. Sometimes I would wake up and be in the bathroom with no idea how I got there. One time I had a dream I was looking for my children and I remember searching for them on the couch and in closets. When I woke the next morning I went in the livingroom and all my couch cushions were off and on the ground. So I have actually sleepwalked in the past. But it's the sleeping while sitting and also my boyfriend has recorded me lifting my arms in the air while laying down. For hrs I would hold my arm straight up in the air while I sleep. Theses worry me the most. I dont know why I keep waking up. Every night I have a really hard time falling asleep. And all day i am just so drained. It has gotten worst the last 2 years. I have never been someone who could nap in the afternoon but now it takes all I can to keep moving so I dont fall asleep. What is going on with me? Why cant I just stay laying down and sleep? How do I stop? Has anyone ever heard of this? Is this considered sleep walking even tho I dont actually get up and move around? Who holds there arm in the air for hrs at a time? It's starting to worry me. I think its affecting how I feel while I'm awake. I own my own business and most days for the last few months I feel like I cant get anything done.
Thank you for reading.
Saraj
Sarajane5788
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sleep sitting??

Postby RapidMallard78 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:24 pm

I sympathize... I do the same thing night after night. I will also raise my legs in the air for hours at a time. I wake up with my hair done up differently than when I went to bed, or even find things I've been collecting in bed with me. My husband gave up trying to sleep with me. I'm just too active and tend to hit him with my flailing. I've been this way all my life. If you find something that works let me know.
RapidMallard78
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Postby Jeffm » Fri May 10, 2019 4:38 pm

I raise my legs on who lays beside's of me. It is a big problem for me because of this I always listen to rail from my parents and friends. And then I feel so unhappy.
Jeffm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:48 am

Postby Jeffm » Tue May 14, 2019 5:15 pm

One day at night it seems to be 2.00 am I see my grandfather walking lonely. Then I surprised that in this late night what he does? I ask him what he was doing in this late night outside the room. But don't say anything about this. Then I shake him and then he realizes that he is the outside of his room. Next day morning he says to me that he has a habit of walking on sleeping.
Thanks, God...
Jeffm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Jeffm » Fri May 17, 2019 5:41 pm

There has any treatment for Sleep sitting disorders.
Jeffm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby NewSunRising » Fri May 17, 2019 8:48 pm

Jeffm , please check your messages in the top left corner of the page .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:18 am

Postby Jeffm » Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 am

NewSunRising wrote:Jeffm , please check your messages in the top left corner of the page .

I am so happy to see that the forum administration approved my account for further. So that I carry on my conversation in this forum and learn something about this forum.
Thanks
Jeffm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Jeffm » Sat May 25, 2019 6:00 am

Sleep sitting is fun or a disease. What should we need to do when happened it with us?
Jeffm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Jeffm » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:14 pm

I feel worse now. Someone kindly tells me there has any combination between sleep sitting and sleep talking? It will be now an everyday story of my sleeping life.
Jeffm
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Sleepwalking Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post