Our partner

HELP!!

Sleepwalking Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

HELP!!

Postby confuzed3170 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:14 am

I'm new to the website, and don't know much about sleep disorders, but i know i need some help.
When i was younger, i used to sleep walk all the time, practically every night. All i would do was walk into each room, turn on everyones lights, and then go back to bed.
I also remember occasionally seeing bugs, or spiders on the wall when i woke up in the middle of the night. And i had a bed wetting problem aswell
Eventually the problem went away, and i i havent been prone to sleep walking in quite some time.

I'm 16 now, and i think the sleep walking has come back, but I'm not too sure what to do about it, as ive never herd of somthing like this happening.
I think whats happening is I start sleep walking, and then wake up in the middle of sleep walking, and my mind just figures I'm up getting ready for school. I dont know why, but out of all the times i've done this, i've NEVER looked at a clock. I just assume its time for school, and have a shower. Once ive gotten dressed and what not, i go downstairs to watch tv, only to find its 2am. When i try to go back to sleep, i have an extremely hard time, and obviously can't function the next day because of my lack of sleep the night before.

Tonight, i did the same thing, but it happend way earlier than usual
I went to bed at 8pm, as i was very tired, and ended up waking up at 11pm. Of couse, at the time i thought it was 6 am, and didnt realise it was 11 until i had gone downstairs for breakfast.

If you have any idea on whats going on with me, please help.
I need some answers now, i dont want my schooling to fall because of this.

confuzed3170
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:56 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby psychbabe23 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:57 am

sleepwalking is common among younger children, however it has been seen in adults. usually sleepwalking occurs because of stress, fatigue, prior sleep loss, or anxiety. Also, traumatizing events from your past could cause you to sleep walk. It is most likely you have NO psychological disorders. You may be very stressed out about the fact that you sleep walk and that may cause you to do it. I used to sleep walk when I was younger, but it went away. I used to run around the house banging pots and pans, turning on the TV, etc. Sleepwalking is also genetic and seems to run in families.

Just relax when you get ready to go to bed. Go to bed with a clear head.

I hope this helps,
Lauren
psychbabe23
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:56 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Sleepwalking Disorder