Our partner

Jumping Out of Bed

Sleepwalking Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Jumping Out of Bed

Postby Layered » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:28 am

I have a question. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of my sleep-cycle, jump out of bed and start obsessing over some imaginary thing that I've left undone. After a few minutes I come back to myself, realize everythings okay, and return to bed. I'm a single guy living alone. Should I be concerned about my safety, or does everyone do this?
I've also caught myself with the phone in my hand, starting to call 911. I've found myself out of bed trying to barricade my door, thinking there were intruders in the house. I have to wonder what else I've done and not remembered it. Any comments or questions would be helpful.
Layered
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby blueiceenvy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:00 am

I have been sleep walking since I was 5 years old.
I do obsess about stuff that I see, but I am so used to having nightmares that I know that it's not real. The hard thing is to wake up. And even after I do wake up, I some times find it hard to admit that it was just a dream.
I don't think it's that dangerous but it depends on your case.
I saw a neurologist last year and she suggested that I take Valium during excessive sleepwalking periods. NEVER MORE THAN 3 MONTHS! apparently it can get very addictive. DO NOT GET THIS WITHOUT CONSULTING A DOCTOR!
I didn't try it yet but I've been having nightmares for the last two weeks and I've been sleepwalking a lot to a point where I have very bad back ache and I just started physiotherapy!
My doctor said that there isn't much to do, a psychotherapy might help you find out why you need to call 911 for help.
A Complete check up will help you find out if you have any other physical problems.
But I am afraid that there isn't much progress in this field.
I decided to film myself while sleeping to see what I do :P
blueiceenvy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:50 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Sleepwalking Disorder