Our partner

Help

Forum for the discussion of Shoplifting Addiction and related behavior.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Help

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 pm

I have been on and off this Forum a few times. Its not very active but there does not seem to be another forum out there. I have been caught a few times shoplifting. I have gone clear-here and there. I want to talk again to people who are in a similar position. If this goes on-I lose my marriage and regular access to my kid.
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 1:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:09 am

90 views and nobody commented?1 What are you afraid of people. I need your input. Bad day yesterday. Shoplifted several places plus drove drunk.
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby NewSunRising » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:09 am

Sorry you are still struggling with this HopeDespair .

Unfortunately , this is a fairly quiet forum . I think what you really need is to see a therapist for this . An internet forum can only do so much .

You know you are on a dangerous path . Please reach out and seek some help .

Compulsions can be overcome , but it is hard work and we need a solid plan for distracting ourselves when they strike . Just hoping we will be able to resist seldom works . It's like any other skill - try , try , try until it begins to work . We may falter in the beginning , but overcoming the urges gets a little bit easier with every successful effort . Understanding what triggers us can also be a valuable tool .

Drinking alcohol is definitely detrimental to those of us with compulsive behaviors .
NewSunRising
Moderator: Consumer

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:44 pm

I have gone 37 days clear. If anybody wants advice PM me.
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby NewSunRising » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:53 am

That is a fantastic achievement HopeDESPAIR !

I'm very glad to hear it . Overcoming compulsions is a difficult and constant battle . It must feel wonderful to have control of your impulses back again . It would be great it you could share your story here .

Thank you for an inspiring post . I wish you continued success !
NewSunRising

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:41 pm

I fell off the wagon. This forum is too inactive. Back on it from tomorrow.(the Wagon)
Anybody PM me I will support them. I just dont see the point in checking into such an inactive forum. But I know millions are infected by this.
Last edited by NewSunRising on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forum refferal edited
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Wally58 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:35 pm

I shoplifted once, I was caught. I never shoplifted again.
I drove drunk multiple times. I was caught twice. The first time I blamed it on my own carelessness. The second time I thought that I might have a problem with alcohol and wanted to do something about it.
I try to live by the Golden Rule. I am not perfect by any means. I just have to live with who I am and I try to be the best person I can be, one day at a time.
Have you ever tried talking to a therapist, counselor or clergy about this? You may find out some things that you didn't know about yourself and find a path out of this problem.
Everyone knows about AA. It is a roomful of people who share the same problem and seek the same goal. It is where I got better.
There is also a Kleptomaniacs Anonymous. Visit the CASA website. See if you can contact someone or find a meeting near you. These are people who share what worked for them and how they stay clear. They may be able to help.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 9:24 pm

Postby NewSunRising » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:09 am

Sorry to hear that HopeDESPAIR ,

Overcoming compulsion can often be one step forward , two steps back . You seemed to be doing well for a while . You'll get back to that place .

Also sorry , but per forum rules , we can't promote or recruit for other forums here . If anyone does PM you , whatever you talk about is between you and that person .

I know this is a pretty quiet place . I wish you the very best !
NewSunRising

Return to Shoplifting Addiction