Our partner

Help

Forum for the discussion of Shoplifting Addiction and related behavior.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Help

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 pm

I have been on and off this Forum a few times. Its not very active but there does not seem to be another forum out there. I have been caught a few times shoplifting. I have gone clear-here and there. I want to talk again to people who are in a similar position. If this goes on-I lose my marriage and regular access to my kid.
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:27 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:09 am

90 views and nobody commented?1 What are you afraid of people. I need your input. Bad day yesterday. Shoplifted several places plus drove drunk.
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby NewSunRising » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:09 am

Sorry you are still struggling with this HopeDespair .

Unfortunately , this is a fairly quiet forum . I think what you really need is to see a therapist for this . An internet forum can only do so much .

You know you are on a dangerous path . Please reach out and seek some help .

Compulsions can be overcome , but it is hard work and we need a solid plan for distracting ourselves when they strike . Just hoping we will be able to resist seldom works . It's like any other skill - try , try , try until it begins to work . We may falter in the beginning , but overcoming the urges gets a little bit easier with every successful effort . Understanding what triggers us can also be a valuable tool .

Drinking alcohol is definitely detrimental to those of us with compulsive behaviors .
NewSunRising
Moderator: Consumer

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:44 pm

I have gone 37 days clear. If anybody wants advice PM me.
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby NewSunRising » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:53 am

That is a fantastic achievement HopeDESPAIR !

I'm very glad to hear it . Overcoming compulsions is a difficult and constant battle . It must feel wonderful to have control of your impulses back again . It would be great it you could share your story here .

Thank you for an inspiring post . I wish you continued success !
NewSunRising

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:41 pm

I fell off the wagon. This forum is too inactive. Back on it from tomorrow.(the Wagon)
Anybody PM me I will support them. I just dont see the point in checking into such an inactive forum. But I know millions are infected by this.
Last edited by NewSunRising on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forum refferal edited
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Wally58 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:35 pm

I shoplifted once, I was caught. I never shoplifted again.
I drove drunk multiple times. I was caught twice. The first time I blamed it on my own carelessness. The second time I thought that I might have a problem with alcohol and wanted to do something about it.
I try to live by the Golden Rule. I am not perfect by any means. I just have to live with who I am and I try to be the best person I can be, one day at a time.
Have you ever tried talking to a therapist, counselor or clergy about this? You may find out some things that you didn't know about yourself and find a path out of this problem.
Everyone knows about AA. It is a roomful of people who share the same problem and seek the same goal. It is where I got better.
There is also a Kleptomaniacs Anonymous. Visit the CASA website. See if you can contact someone or find a meeting near you. These are people who share what worked for them and how they stay clear. They may be able to help.
Best of luck to you. :D
Wally58

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:27 am

Postby NewSunRising » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:09 am

Sorry to hear that HopeDESPAIR ,

Overcoming compulsion can often be one step forward , two steps back . You seemed to be doing well for a while . You'll get back to that place .

Also sorry , but per forum rules , we can't promote or recruit for other forums here . If anyone does PM you , whatever you talk about is between you and that person .

I know this is a pretty quiet place . I wish you the very best !
NewSunRising

Return to Shoplifting Addiction