Our partner

Therapy for Shoplifters!

Forum for the discussion of Shoplifting Addiction and related behavior.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Therapy for Shoplifters!

Postby Naiwen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:55 pm

So yeah, in therapy, I learnt how to keep my urges in check. I also got to know that reasons why I stole was because I thought I needed it or I wanted it and I can't afford it, so yeah, if these are the reasons why you're a shoplifter, I'd suggest you to keep repeating to yourself these : "I don't need it" and "I don't want it" whenever you see something you think you need or want. That's what I've been doing and been successful at keeping myself under control. These though, are only for those who think they need it or want it, if it's for the thrill of not getting caught while stealing, then there are other ways to get the adrenaline rush you need to relieve your stress. For example, playing extreme sports or listening to violent music or watch a very violent movie. It'll relieve your stress and give you the adrenaline rush you need from your shoplifting addiction. If you've been clear, keep it up! If not, start being a redeemed shoplifter ASAP! There are other ways to relieve your stress than this. For example, you can also spend a little money everyday and save up the rest. I've been saving up a lot lately and it's giving me immense pleasure to get something really expensive and nice for me occasionally.
Naiwen
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Therapy for Shoplifters!

Postby NewSunRising » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:32 am

Good advice Naiwen , and I'm so happy that you're doing so well .

As for adrenaline rushes , there really are a lot of good substitutes , but keep in mind too that if we stop subjecting our brains to the constant bombardment of adrenaline and dopamine , eventually the "need" for it will lessen .

After I stopped gambling , the first few months felt dull and flat , like I was seeing everything through a pair of dark sun glasses . Nothing seemed fun or exciting or even worth doing if it wasn't gambling . Slowly , the level of chemicals that I had been flooding my brain with began to return to normal and I started to find pleasure and excitement in everyday , normal things again .

Yes , there are adrenaline junkies out there , but the majority of us don't feel the need to jump out of airplanes in order to feel alive and happy . We can be content and fulfilled without constantly seeking the "thrill" that we have conditioned ourselves to believe we need .
NewSunRising
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Shoplifting Addiction