Our partner

Any success stories?

Forum for the discussion of Shoplifting Addiction and related behavior.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Any success stories?

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 pm

Has anybody successfully tacked this issue and how?

I have been doing this on/off for 20 years but in recent years has accelerated dangerously. I could lose my job if I dont get a handle on it.
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 1:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Any success stories?

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:52 am

I see 58 views but nobody has a success story? Surprising? Is an active Forum?

I went yesterday without stealing
Im working very hard on it
Rule Number 1-avoid shops
Rule Number 2 weigh up the odds-say I steal something for 10 euro (my currency) and get caught? The legal fees alone would amount to a couple of hundred plus what price public humiliation? Press reports.

So Im working on it and would like anybody out there to support me or offer your stories.
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Im beginning to think this forumn is useless. Hardly any activity. Anyway I will maintain it for a week and then go. Whats the use pouring your heart out and nobody replies??

Anyway I didnt last long. I stole today with my daughter. She is too young to know whats going on. What a low life I am. Eventually I will get caught. I got to work on this. Really work
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Going to give This forum another week. I think it could be useful for a lot of people but I have no intention of talking to myself on it. Come on people-post
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby LiftingThrillsMe » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Is there a better forum out there for this?
LiftingThrillsMe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:10 am

I have searched and searched and this seems to be the only open one. Terrence Shulman-who wrote the book-Something for Nothing about shoplifting offers a forumn but you must have gone through about 2000 dollars of therapy. His book is good though and I would recommend it.

I just notice a huge amount of vistors and am wondering why more people dont post??
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby NewSunRising » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:24 am

Hi HopeDESPAIR ,

There are a lot of reasons why we get a ton of visitors , but only a few posters . Some ( I actually think most ) guests are only here out of curiosity . While it may seem like just plain gawking , I like to think that those kinds of people are at least getting some education about what it's like to have an impulse disorder , and seeing that people with a shoplifting addiction are decent human beings with a real problem , not a bunch of petty criminals doing this for kicks or out of greed .

Others may share the compulsion to steal , but are just not ready to admit that it's out of their control and they need help for it .

Some people are looking for a " silver bullet " - a post or thread that says " I did _____ and now I'm cured ." Obviously , that rarely exists and even more rarely works .

Please don't give up on the forum if it helps you to share your thoughts . There may not be a lot of activity here , but I check in almost daily and I'll happily support you as you work to overcome this .
NewSunRising
Moderator: Consumer

Postby HopeDESPAIR » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:57 pm

I will keep an open mind about Quitting or not. I dont feel there is much point just talking to myself here. I have made contact to Terrance Shulman who wrote a good book on it but his therapy costs are very high and yet to get access to online support you must pay it. I know though he has his reasons for this method.

I might post an e mail sometime so people can contact me if they want to chat here sometime. Would that be acceptable?

-- Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:57 pm --

I will keep an open mind about Quitting or not. I dont feel there is much point just talking to myself here. I have made contact to Terrance Shulman who wrote a good book on it but his therapy costs are very high and yet to get access to online support you must pay it. I know though he has his reasons for this method.

I might post an e mail sometime so people can contact me if they want to chat here sometime. Would that be acceptable?
HopeDESPAIR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby NewSunRising » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Unfortunately , posting personal e-mail info on the open forum or in your profile is prohibited but you can post something like " PM me if you want to chat " and see if you get any takers .

Some of the forums here go into "bursts" of activity , then go quiet for a time . I would keep checking back in . I hope you can find some good support , if not here , then elsewhere . You are always welcome to come back to this forum if you wish .
NewSunRising

Postby Quantum123 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:15 am

Have you tried medications to manage the impulses? Kleptomania along with compulsive gambling (Impulse control disorders) respond very well to SSRI antidepressants and/or anticonvulsant medications. The medication can likely help you control the urge to steal.
Quantum123
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Next

Return to Shoplifting Addiction