Our partner

What is shared psych D/O?

Shared Psychotic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: What is shared psych D/O?

Postby think » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:53 am

Still trying to understand nuances. So son in family is 43, non working, HIGHLY educated, living with parents for 8 yrs., has been 'caught' in female lingerie and drag walking publicly, says he wants a gender reassignment and has been taking hormones for years now. Mother is narcissistic and father recently deceased. Has been evaluated with psychotic disorder, depression, anxiety, aspbergers.... ultimately some sort of personality issue seems to be present. Wondering if narcissism can be learned, seems 'over empathetic though' at times, yet totally disconnected at times one would assume engagement or reflex. Definitely looks like a shared psych D/O, but now that father deceased almost seem content that son has moved from 'pet' status to something more useful? ANy thoughts?
think
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Shreds » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:39 am

Maybe this helps to explain why a group of relatives were slandering me.
They had me made out to be this testy, belligerent hooligan who steals and lies.
My mother was beside herself and she could not get through to them. They even talked about trying to get me in jail for "breaking and entering" into my own house and into my own room. My parents and a few others would not listen to them so they never got anywhere with this plan.
Shreds
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Shreds » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:15 am

What this reminds me of is when I've seen groups of people who start fights with a

defenseless victim. There are stories about family scapegoats who are blameless but their

family blames them for all their problems. There are also scapegoats in workplaces and in schools.

I wonder if there abusers are all in a psychosis.

-- Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:15 am --

What this reminds me of is when I've seen groups of people who start fights with a

defenseless victim. There are stories about family scapegoats who are blameless but their

family blames them for all their problems. There are also scapegoats in workplaces and in schools.

-- Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:15 am --

Shreds
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ashc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:18 am

I think this is what I had with my ex boyfriend. My delusions became worse and unique overtime though (after we were hospitalized separately) .

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_%C3%A0_deux
"Come close for I am alone, but stay away for I fear intrusion."
ashc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Shared Psychotic Disorder