Our partner

Son and daughter

Open Discussions about Sexuality and Related Issues.

Son and daughter

Postby Ashleighswim7 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:20 pm

Ok, I'm not entirely sure if this is the place I should ask this???? :shock: But I was wondering if their are any parents..or parent, who has had experience with finding out that their son and daughter are in a FULL CONSENSUAL sexual relationship? I know it's a very odd question. But it's something I'm trying to understand with my teens now. If they....your son and daughter were in a sexual relationship together, and it was consensual, and they were being safe. Would you support them? Or flat out not allow it to continue?
Ashleighswim7
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Son and daughter

Postby Snaga » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:08 am

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

Perhaps I can't speak, not having children myself, other than godchildren.

I would so not support that. Not sure what I'd do, not sure how you put the brakes on something like that, but I wouldn't support it. Not under my roof, especially.

I would point out society and law is against them. Most places I know of, even between consenting adults, incest is illegal and carries a sentence, if the government insisted upon it. They can certainly never marry. And the longer they do this, the longer it gets in the way of having normal relationships with other members of the opposite sex.

No, 'supportive' isn't a word that comes to my mind.

Tell someone today that you love them; for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon; for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:33 am

Postby Ashleighswim7 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:36 pm

Thank you for responding. I appreciate your advice :) I'm going to keep my opinions to my self..Just don't want to make someone mad or hurt. But again I thank you:)
Ashleighswim7
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Kaleb28 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:48 pm

Hm, I don't know the libertarian in me is saying as of long as nobody gets hurt or pregnant than who cares, but at the same time the potential consequences seem to high. My worry is that it will start off as a purely sexual relationship in the beginning (like a friend's with benefits type of thing) but it will eventually turn emotional for at least one person (especially the daughter). What if one child finds a partner and it ends up making the other jealous? What if it does turn into an actual relationship and for whatever reason they 'breakup' or one cheats on the other? You can have an ex partner but you can't have an ex sibling. And Snaga's right about the legal and social ramifications, unless your from Japan, Argentina, Brazil, South Korea or Spain the law is against them, (I think) and almost everywhere society is against them.

Anyway there's my two sense I don't know I'm just a teenager and don't have any experience raising kids but hopefully it helps
Kaleb28
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:33 am
Blog: View Blog (47)

Postby Ashleighswim7 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:08 pm

Well for a teenager...that was really grown up and a very responsible response. :) Thank you for taking the time to say something:) I appreciate that.
Ashleighswim7
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Ashleighswim7 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:00 am

Kaleb28 wrote:Hm, I don't know the libertarian in me is saying as of long as nobody gets hurt or pregnant than who cares, but at the same time the potential consequences seem to high. My worry is that it will start off as a purely sexual relationship in the beginning (like a friend's with benefits type of thing) but it will eventually turn emotional for at least one person (especially the daughter). What if one child finds a partner and it ends up making the other jealous? What if it does turn into an actual relationship and for whatever reason they 'breakup' or one cheats on the other? You can have an ex partner but you can't have an ex sibling. And Snaga's right about the legal and social ramifications, unless your from Japan, Argentina, Brazil, South Korea or Spain the law is against them, (I think) and almost everywhere society is against them.

Anyway there's my two sense I don't know I'm just a teenager and don't have any experience raising kids but hopefully it helps

Thank you so much for you reply :) I appreciate your answer. And I agree. The open part of me says. If it's consensual and everyone is happy and safe...then what's the big deal. And then the part that looks at what can happen..mis like...Eek! Idk??
Ashleighswim7
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:44 am

Well it's like this...

we're not supposed to discuss fetish as the main topic of a post here in PF. Yet peripherally, I can say I have somewhat of a brother-sister incest fetish. While two consenting adults can do what they want, as far as I'm concerned- and the kinky aspect of it is titillating to me- at the same time, I would be not 'supportive' if I had two children engaging in that, because that's not a healthy sibling relationship.

I can savvy two kids experimenting with each other- because kids will sometimes sexually experiment, and they'll do it with whomever is handy, and whomever they can get away with it, with. Neighbor kids, cousins, siblings, whatever. I would be far less upset (oh but we'd still of course, have a Come To Jesus sit-down about it) if I discovered my 11,12,13, even 14 year old kiddos engaging in sexual play with each other. I don't worry too much about that, because from what I can tell, between my own experience, and stories here, it pretty much peters out on its own, when their brains start catching up with all this newfound sexuality.

But this ain't that. This ain't just 'foolin' around' any more. Clearly, they're old enough to know what they're doing. And that wouldn't set too well with me, because it's not a good paradigm to be in.

How you get them to stop, I have no idea. But I'd make it clear that I can't approve of or condone it.

Tell someone today that you love them; for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon; for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:33 am

Postby Kaleb28 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:19 am

Snaga wrote:I would be not 'supportive' if I had two children engaging in that, because that's not a healthy sibling relationship.

This in particular was the point I was trying to make Ashleigh:

When I say it could lead to jealousy or something along those lines that's what I mean, them having sexual intercourse is a slippery slope it could lead something irreversible that might ###$ up there relationship in the long run because at the end of the day, they are hormonal teenagers. I mean IF something bad happens what are you going to do favor one over the other?

Now of course how about your children? Like I said previously you can have an ex partner but not an ex sibling, your sibling will, in some measure be in your life for the rest of it and if sexual jealousy or something like that exist or they cheat on there partner with each other this could lead to some problems. Do either of them want children? Well they can say by-by to that unless they want to risk a 1/4 chance of having a ###$ up kid(not to mention how are they going hide away from the law if that happens)

As for stopping your your kids:

I think your damned if you do and your damned if you don't

1. Your not always going to be around them so what's stopping them from doing the nasty when there alone

2. Are you just going to separate them for the rest of there childhood well great now they can't have a normal sibling relationship

3 you could keep a watchful eye over them but where does an invasion of privacy begin and protecting themselves end?

With all that being said I think the best thing you can do is show them the the negatives of incest and you can tell them to abstain from sexual intercourse (if there both below the age of consent they shouldn't be doing that anyway).

Ultimately we live in a world of trade offs it is up to you(and your kids) to decide what trade offs are worthwhile.
Kaleb28
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:33 am
Blog: View Blog (47)

Postby Ashleighswim7 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:20 pm

Kaleb28 wrote:
Snaga wrote:I would be not 'supportive' if I had two children engaging in that, because that's not a healthy sibling relationship.

This in particular was the point I was trying to make Ashleigh:

When I say it could lead to jealousy or something along those lines that's what I mean, them having sexual intercourse is a slippery slope it could lead something irreversible that might ###$ up there relationship in the long run because at the end of the day, they are hormonal teenagers. I mean IF something bad happens what are you going to do favor one over the other?

Now of course how about your children? Like I said previously you can have an ex partner but not an ex sibling, your sibling will, in some measure be in your life for the rest of it and if sexual jealousy or something like that exist or they cheat on there partner with each other this could lead to some problems. Do either of them want children? Well they can say by-by to that unless they want to risk a 1/4 chance of having a ###$ up kid(not to mention how are they going hide away from the law if that happens)

As for stopping your your kids:

I think your damned if you do and your damned if you don't

1. Your not always going to be around them so what's stopping them from doing the nasty when there alone

2. Are you just going to separate them for the rest of there childhood well great now they can't have a normal sibling relationship

3 you could keep a watchful eye over them but where does an invasion of privacy begin and protecting themselves end?

With all that being said I think the best thing you can do is show them the the negatives of incest and you can tell them to abstain from sexual intercourse (if there both below the age of consent they shouldn't be doing that anyway).

Ultimately we live in a world of trade offs it is up to you(and your kids) to decide what trade offs are worthwhile.

I absolutely appreciate your response. It's very grounded and sympathetic to both ways of thought on this :) So thank you for that. :) And yes I aged the challenges, of a relationship like this are very....VERY difficult! :/ And teenagers think they have all the answers ...ugh! :/ And yes the future of a continued relationship..poses even larger problems we with the idea of kids....marriage. And legal rights. :( I have talked with then in great length about all this. And For the most part I think we all came to an understanding. But like you said. I can't keep an eye on them the hole time. And being teenagers...the hormones can get in the way of thought process. :O!
Ashleighswim7
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Sexuality Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post