Our partner

Wanting help with my sexuality

Open Discussions about Sexuality and Related Issues.

Re: Wanting help with my sexuality

Postby Kaleb28 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:10 am

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place I know what I need to do to get out of the situation I'm in but at the fear is great, what do I do, do I just muster up the courage to go talk to a therapist do I just accept that yeah these thoughts feelings and such will be here forever and I need to let go in order to talk to a therapist because honestly that's where I'm at right now I'm afraid that I'm going to get out of the whole thing and I'm just going to remain attracted to men forever, now of course I could not talk and the attraction will also be there forever so it doesn't really make a difference either way. Ultimately I need to let go of the past but Everytime I do I just get scared like well great this isn't going the way I want it to go. I literally gotten envious of straight people and saddened because I can't be that anymore.
Kaleb28
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (70)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Snaga » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:16 am

Go talk to a therapist if you are able, please. I have a suspicion things won't be as bad as you make them out to be.
Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Kaleb28 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:05 am

So I'm going to my doctor's next week, a little afraid but this past week I've become more comfortable with my attractions and fantasies so I think and hope that it will be easier for me to talk about this.
Kaleb28
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Kaleb28 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:48 am

I feel comfortable right now I still have suicidal thoughts and urges but right now it's more of an it is what it is, I still miss my past but I kind of want to be bisexual (now of coarse while I say that I'll probably flstart stressing out again) I at the same time to some extent kind of don't want my past back, though I've read of stories from so called "ex-gays" who went to therapy (almost always about some form of abuse from there childhood (I was never abused)) who are able to date women because therapy helped them figure there sexual self out in some way. Though again I sometimes think about suicide and the idea that im always going to be attracted to men and the fact that I have my entire life to live and the fact that I can't relate entirely with other people, I also read a story about a 29 year old on Reddit who suddenly had his attractions reversed and it sounds so similar to me. Anyway I'm going to the doctors next week so now I'm hopefully If I don't ###$ this up getting proper help. ughhh life would so much easier If I was how I am currently
Kaleb28
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Snaga » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:47 pm

I can buy into someone discovering a hidden facet of their sexuality, I can't buy it just 'reversing', especially not in a male. Not saying it's impossible, I just think it highly improbable- I don't believe such things occur in a vacuum, without something that was going on under the radar.

As far as living the rest of your life this way or that..

Kaleb28 wrote:Though again I sometimes think about suicide and the idea that im always going to be attracted to men and the fact that I have my entire life to live

Now see it seems to be a genuine attraction to other men would result in a feeling of hopelessness at the idea of possibly not being with one. I've had that attraction since adolescence, in addition to the usual attractions; I've chosen to live hetero and while I'm generally good with that, when you have an itch you can't scratch... sometimes I get depressed over not scratching that itch. I despair and get depressed and sad and upset, because I'm not in a position to scratch that itch.

I'm glad you're seeing someone!! This isn't holding your breath hoping against some fatal medical diagnosis- I don't consider this an existential threat to you. OCD makes everything existential.
Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Kaleb28 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:54 am

When I get the ocosional attraction to women I feel a little anxious, I think part of it has to do with the fact that I haven't had a major attraction to women in so long that when I get it it comes at me with a bit of a surprise like I haven't felt this In a while this is odd. I think part of it is "well this is never stable when will things go back to the stress I've been experiencing" it's quite odd
Kaleb28
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Kaleb28 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:07 am

Snaga wrote:I'm glad you're seeing someone!! This isn't holding your breath hoping against some fatal medical diagnosis

I hope I'm interpreting this correctly anyway:

I'm very nervous I'm honestly more scared that he/she is going to say that this isn't my aanxiety.

Snaga wrote:don't consider this an existential threat to you. OCD makes everything existential.

Does ocd make everything seem fatalistic? or that it rocks the very foundations upon which you base your entire identity. Forgive my ignorance but I haven't read much on existentialism if that's even the correct philosophical idea that your referring to.
Kaleb28
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Snaga » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:12 am

It makes things seem like a threat to your very existence. Does it not?

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby Kaleb28 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:24 am

I mean, I feel like I'll have to restructure my life and that I won't be able to have what I use to (and may still ) want.

-- Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:28 pm --

So a sense of loss
Kaleb28
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Kaleb28 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:28 am

Oh and a sense of hopelessness
Kaleb28
Consumer 5