Our partner

Conversation after sex

Open Discussions about Sexuality and Related Issues.

Conversation after sex

Postby Jomama » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:27 pm

Does anyone else have a particular “thing” for the way conversation flows after sex? I find it much easier to be open with people after sex and to share authentic thoughts and feelings. Is this common?
Jomama
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Conversation after sex

Postby Snaga » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:48 am

Hello and welcome...

You'll notice that this has been moved to Sexuality, from Sexual Addiction.... I feel as if it's a better fit, here. Unless you are having sex that you wouldn't have, for the sole purpose of the after-conversation. Seems to me, that is an enjoyable part of sex for two people that are into each other, and not dysfunctional? I'm not the most eloquent after sex, but it sounds like an ideal state of being, what you describe. In some ways I do think the minutes afterwards is what completes the sex act and in a way, the best part. I wouldn't see what you're saying as something unusual.

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:29 pm

Postby Jomama » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:51 am

I am often seeking out sex to be able to have that moment afterward. I find that a lot of times I can’t be comfortable with someone until after sex. Like, it is hard for me to find things to say or be brave enough to say much at all.

I tend to use sex as a way of avoiding feeing things. Sometimes that after conversation let’s me pretend whatever my real feelings are (usually stress or fear, those are the times I will most seek out sex) are really feelings for the other person.
Jomama
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:29 pm

Postby Snaga » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:40 am

Oh wow. Maybe this needs to be in sexual addiction after all... which if it takes that turn, I can move it, and leave a place marker here. Normally I don't offer that willy-nilly, but I'm the one who thought to place it where it is.

So the sex is a tool, then. Are the feelings of stress, fear, about the other person? Or something completely unrelated?

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:29 pm

Return to Sexuality Forum