Our partner

I'm not sure what to call my sexuality?

Open Discussions about Sexuality and Related Issues.

I'm not sure what to call my sexuality?

Postby Milooloo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:58 am

To put it shortly, I am sexually attracted to people, but I never have any interest in actually having sex... It's frustrating :cry: (especially since I'm in a relationship with someone who is not the same as me). Looking for answers as to what you might call this...? :?:
Thanks!
-Milo
Milooloo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I'm not sure what to call my sexuality?

Postby ReinQuest » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:09 am

Honestly don’t know if there is a word for that. I can understand your position. Generally speaking I really just want to hold someone or be held by them. Just being near them. That probably sounds like a cheesey romance novel but that’s what I want to most.
ReinQuest
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:31 pm

Re: I'm not sure what to call my sexuality?

Postby IJumpTheGun » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:49 am

Well, you don't generally have to label yourself as anything. Sometimes we can overthink and dig too deep asking the why question over and over.

Just because you aren't interested in sex, doesn't mean there's anything wrong. The only person that can give you the answer you're looking for is yourself. When you say you're in a relationship w someone thats not the same as you, idk if you're talkong about the opposite sex or an extremely different personality (Opposite personalites often get along greatly though).

Overall, don't pressure yourself into wanting sex if it's not what you want. Don't beat yourself up because you're not 'conforming' to needs of others or what would be considered as 'normal'. Relationships take time to develop. No relationship is perfect either and theres no proper way it should be done.

My advice would be to self reflect, pen and paper. You'll learn something new about yourself and you'll find your own explanation or way of putting it into words.
IJumpTheGun
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:31 am

Return to Sexuality Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post