Our partner

What would be my sexuality?

Open Discussions about Sexuality and Related Issues.

What would be my sexuality?

Postby hodayumn » Wed May 02, 2018 10:35 pm

I have jumped between labels so many times. I started using several labels, more labels, then I found it hard to use labels to even describe it. Is there a category that I fit into?

I find women attractive romantically and physically
I like men romantically
I would date a trans guy, but not a trans girl
I'd probably date someone gender fluid, asexual
I'm not really interested in non binary people

I've spent years with these opinions on attraction and now when people ask I just say I'm queer. Is there even a flag for simply being queer?

Thanks
hodayumn
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What would be my sexuality?

Postby hodayumn » Thu May 03, 2018 5:34 pm

I'm a girl btw
hodayumn
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Wally58 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:02 am

Labels may be blurred and there are people who are simply undefined and can't be labelled. I have given up on trying to use labels and categorize people. It is unnecessarily confusing to me.
First impressions can be important. It is more about who you are and who they are to you.
Labelling yourself 'queer' sounds like you are accepting of others, their similarities and differences. You sound like you have specific 'likes', but have flexibility in your preferences. The most important thing is that you are accepting of who you are. :D I don't know you other than what you shared, so I will stop there.
I spent a lot of time with the AIDS/HIV+ community, their doctors and their families. There is a divergent spectrum of all kinds of people. We are brought together by our common interests.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:18 pm

Postby Snaga » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 pm

queer sounds a good label for you, to me.

Have you ever taken the Flexuality Test? There is a Queer category I suspect you'd score high in.

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Postby MarkP » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:10 am

Your sexuality is complex, I would use that word. But with a particular person, it comes down to do you want them, do they want you? If so, the labels can be thrown away.
MarkP
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Snaga » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:23 pm

Labels are useful only in the person's mind... lol some of us like our labels, though. especially if you have OCD. I have to know what I am, and the ambiguity kills me at times....

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby JessicaLuR » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:05 pm

I agree with Snaga, MarkP, and Wally58. Labels really don't matter. Be who you are, love who you love, sleep with who you want to sleep with. The truth is that all labels are totally artificial and it is rare that anyone actually fits dead-square into a label.
JessicaLuR
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:18 pm

Postby CynicalDez » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am

Perhaps you are pansexual but with exceptions. The human brain is fascinating when it comes to these things. They're all so different and complex. The bottom line is that you like what you like and don't like what you don't like. But it kinda sounds like you're a pansexual, just have preferences.

-- Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:19 am --

Perhaps you are pansexual but with exceptions. The human brain is fascinating when it comes to these things. They're all so different and complex. The bottom line is that you like what you like and don't like what you don't like. But it kinda sounds like you're a pansexual, just have preferences.
CynicalDez
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby RottenFish » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:41 pm

Sexuality is so complex nowadays, I don't even bother with labels anymore. For example:

1. I know gay men who periodically have sex with women.
2. I know straight married men who periodically have sex with men.
3. I know bisexual people who refuse to date transgenders.
4. My friend who was anti-transpeople is now completely in love with a transgirl.

I just call everyone sexually fluid. It makes things easier for me to understand when I see one of my heterosexual guy friends at the bar going home with another guy.
Primary Dx: OCD
Meds: None

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
Make love. Not war.
✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。
RottenFish
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Sexuality Forum

• Related articles