Our partner

I feel attracted to criminals.

Sexual Dysfunctions message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

I feel attracted to criminals.

Postby anonymouswom » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:54 am

All kinds of criminals.
And it really is something that makes me feel different/weird. :(
anonymouswom
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I feel attracted to criminals.

Postby Snaga » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:43 am

I would say that borders on paraphilia, but... from the user name, I'm assuming female? If so, well, I mean there are some women that take the attraction for the 'bad boy' to an extreme. It is... not a good idea, in my opinion, and I don't understand it one bit, to be honest. Now, I'm not completely on top of the ins and outs, but there are personality disorders that play off one another (Borderlines and Narcissists probably being one of the most well-known parings), and if there's other issues going on such as a PD, then you might find yourself naturally drawn to what you find exciting which might be the AsPD type or something.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:44 am

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri May 29, 2020 4:08 pm

I went through a phase in my early-to-mid 20's where I found myself only attracted to men who'd done federal prison (2+ years) time and had "dangerous offender" status.

Eventually I realized they just plain don't make very good boyfriends

One psychoanalytical theory suggests your first orgasm with a person would be associated with the types of traits you're later attracted to.

Apparently, one of the many approaches at addressing this is to keep making yourself date "nice" people until you learn to like it.

That being said, I think I often choose people contingent on how close I want to get to others (consciously or unconsciously) - and because of this, "types" are fluid rather than static
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:44 am

Postby poxalis » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:42 pm

fyi, this is quite the old thread.
DaturaInnoxia wrote:That being said, I think I often choose people contingent on how close I want to get to others (consciously or unconsciously) - and because of this, "types" are fluid rather than static

i've found i only like males that seem more emotionless. i do not like emotional demands from me and therefore need a man who won't make requests like that ("don't you love me?!"...). that has sometimes led to men on the fringes of normal. i won't say criminals in general are something i'm attracted to, but i have only felt comfort when with someone willing to preform violence. it lets me relax a little, believing i'm not completely in charge of my safety.
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:44 am

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

poxalis wrote:fyi, this is quite the old thread.
DaturaInnoxia wrote:That being said, I think I often choose people contingent on how close I want to get to others (consciously or unconsciously) - and because of this, "types" are fluid rather than static

i've found i only like males that seem more emotionless. i do not like emotional demands from me and therefore need a man who won't make requests like that ("don't you love me?!"...). that has sometimes led to men on the fringes of normal. i won't say criminals in general are something i'm attracted to, but i have only felt comfort when with someone willing to preform violence. it lets me relax a little, believing i'm not completely in charge of my safety.

They were no longer criminally active.
In recovery, I have no use for that type of thing; they were all in the process of turning their lives around.

Insightful points though - perhaps what you say has been part of it for me as well.
I'd add that they were "Old School"
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:44 am

Return to Sexual Dysfunctions Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post