Our partner

Use it or lose it?

Sexual Dysfunctions message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Use it or lose it?

Postby Visexual » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:07 am

OK, first of all, I'm new here. And this is a sexual forum but the rules say;

"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated"

Now just how are we going to discuss something sexual without sexually-orientated conversations? OK, I did have to smile when I read that. :)

I turned 70 this year. I'm healthy to a fault. My wife and I have been married over 46 years now. We never wanted, or had children. We have had a, way, above average sex life that included lots, and lots, of adventures. I've always been a bit too adventurous for my own good.

About 7 or 8 years ago my wife began experiencing some discomfort during intercourse. I tried to talk her into discussing it with her doctor but she just didn't want to. She said it was just a normal aging issue and she was OK with it. She's now 65.

Well, a little over 6 years ago she decided that she didn't want intercourse anymore. She said there were other things we could do. So, for about six months we did still play but always short of intercourse. That became frustrating for me and we just sort of waned off of sex altogether.

Our problem is in that she seems quite content with our new sexless relationship. We do hug and kiss every morning and every time we're to be apart but it's been almost six years since I've received anything that might be considered intimate, even a real kiss.

OK, I just wanted to share a little background but I'm not here to moan...

My problem is that, without intimacy in my life, I no longer even masturbate. I guess I just need to have the real thing to be able to enjoy a fantasy.

I've probably only ejaculated once or twice in the past year.

I've considered cheating but don't know if I could deal with the potential of drama. And, yes, I have willing friends. But I really just don't want to take that avenue.

My concern is, is this healthy? Can going without ejaculating cause medical problems? Now I'm pretty sure it does cause mental problems but I think I can deal with that, although I don't like it.
Visexual
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Use it or lose it?

Postby Snaga » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:12 pm

Well there's a difference between being clinical about it, and being salacious.... that's where the forum rules come into play- not counting the ban on paraphilias, clinical or not.

Well all I can say is lucky you you made it as long as you did- around fifty-ish, mine began to steadily drop to zero- it's now a rare occurrence. Lack of desire on her part, mental issues on mine. So I'm not complaining much, it is what it is.

Well I've always heard use it or lose it- I know regular masturbation is supposed to help keep it in tune and running well as far as both erectile function and prostate health is concerned.

I do masturbate probably several times a week. I think I'm starting to get low-T, had a hot flash or two, and have to work the little guy a little more than I used to. It's like I still want to get off, but it's not something I make a grand production of, unlike back in the day when I'd edge for several hours at a time. Now I just feel fortunate that it still occurs. So I have noticed a slacking off in my case.

How actually unhealthy is it to not masturbate? No idea, just that it's considered healthy to have erections and ejaculate regularly for general down there well being.

Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

ISFP

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Sexual Dysfunctions Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post