Our partner

I don't think this is Asexuality but what is it?

Sexual Dysfunctions message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

I don't think this is Asexuality but what is it?

Postby xcagedsilhouttex » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:57 pm

I don't lack sexual attraction towards people nor do I lack sexual desire but when I am with someone the only intimate activities I enjoy taking part in are kissing and light foreplay. Anything beyond that repulses me.

I already find it hard to show affection towards another person (I usually come across as cold and indifferent) and the only other way I have to communicate that affection is through intimacy but I am not fully capable of doing that either.

I do have the desire to have a partner and a family one day but I don't know who would want the deal I have to offer.

Could this change if I met someone else?
dx: Mixed Personality Disorder (F61)
Anorexia Nervosa (F50)
Substance Abuse (F11)

But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all
xcagedsilhouttex
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:57 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I don't think this is Asexuality but what is it?

Postby Tanoujin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:21 am

I think it is not the worst deal you have to offer. If I read you correctly you dislike penetration? There are so many who do not really enjoy it. There are so many other ways to make love - a potential partner should be interested in what you want, instead of forcing things upon you.
Tanoujin
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Objectified » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Have you thought about the possibility to be attracted to the same sex more than the opposite?
Did anything traumatizing happen to you in the past? That might be a reason.

You just need to ask yourself more and more questions to get an answer :)
Objectified
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:57 pm

Postby maree12 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:45 am

I had sex "to keep the guy" for 9 years, and never enjoyed any of it. I then discovered how to orgasm, and that made an incredible difference. BUT, I am still not interested in penetration sex unless I consider the man sexually and socially desirable. it took me more than 15 years since I first started looking, before I found a man who fitted the bill.
Maybe you have not found a man who is your equal, and that is why you are not interested in sex. Can you orgasm? If not practice masturbating until you can, and do not sell yourself to a man unless you do really find him attractive, if you do, it will only make you dislike sex even more. I admit, I was lucky in that i met a man who was prepared to be a sexual mentor so he taught me a lot.
I still do not enjoy penetration, but I just look on it as the price I have to pay to have an orgasm with a man
maree12
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:57 pm

Return to Sexual Dysfunctions Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post