Our partner

It May Not Be POCD Afterall

Sexual Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

It May Not Be POCD Afterall

Postby Arik » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:00 pm

In 2013 I went to the Paraphilias Forum because I wondered if I was what I feared. During this time, I was seeing a therapist for a different reason.

I first asked the Paraphilias Forum. To summarize, members of that forum said I had some form of infantilism because I wanted to be the female child but not engage in any sexual activity.

After posing that question to the forum, I sheepishly asked my therapist. We dropped the initial reason for being there and spent the subsequent four or five hour-long sessions on this one question. She concluded that I have POCD.

From my point of view, it didn't matter if I had infantilism or POCD. I was happy with either diagnosis.

That was 2013. Advance to August of this year. I watched an hour and thirty-eight-minute video. I'm paraphrasing, but one of the things the interviewee brought up is how we, as humans, were created to need companionship. A male needs a female companion, and a female needs a male companion. Moreover, this need is not related to reproduction.

Yesterday in another part of this forum, I said that I had always wanted to be a girl and that it was only within the past four years that I began to accept that it is possible that I could fit in either way.

Regardless of how you feel about sexual preference, I need a female companion in the scope of what the interviewee said. I thought about what he said through my perspective of the context. Ideally, I would want my companion to be a woman in a prepubescent body. Though not the only thing, this was instrumental in helping me know the truth that I've been suppressing.

Someone may say, "As long as your companion is an adult woman, who cares if she has a prepubescent body? After all, as you said, this companionship has nothing to do with reproduction." To that, I say it reveals what I consider beautiful.
Last edited by Snaga on Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to Sexual Disorders, NOS- may be triggering to OCD
Arik
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: It May Not Be POCD Afterall

Postby Snaga » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:30 am

Arik wrote:Ideally, I would want my companion to be a woman in a prepubescent body. Though not the only thing, this was instrumental in helping me know the truth that I've been suppressing.

Someone may say, "As long as your companion is an adult woman, who cares if she has a prepubescent body? After all, as you said, this companionship has nothing to do with reproduction." To that, I say it reveals what I consider beautiful.

Unfortunately, this has the appearance of a paraphilia, and as such it can't be discussed in Psych Forums, since the closure of the Paraphilias forum, so this thread is locked.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Sexual Disorder NOS Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post