Our partner

Partners Sex Addiction

Sexual Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Partners Sex Addiction

Postby Blondie1234 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:55 pm

My partner and I have been together for 10 years. I'm head over heals in love with him. He shows me he loves me everyday. We laugh and get along together. We enjoy being around each other. We never want to lose each other. One problem, he is a sex addict. This addiction has brought devastation to our lives as a couple. He no longer see's me as a sexual being, I am no longer a sexual conquest to him or someone he can fantasize about. I feel crippled by the desire to be desired. I feel unattractive and unworthy. He admits to being an addict and is willing to seek help. Has anyone else had this experience with their spouse? He is sexually attracted to pretty much any other female...this caused him to have an affair with a women for a couple of years. This women was significantly older, 20 years to be exact. It disgusts me to think that he is attracted to women who are so much older than himself. It is like his ability to be sexual is completely disconnected with his emotional connection. I want to help him get better in any way possible. Yet in the meantime, I feel angry, alone, unworthy and unattractive.
Blondie1234
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Partners Sex Addiction

Postby Thepainisreal » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:57 am

Sorry about what you are going through.. I did the same to my ex, and even I didn't understand till I lost her and my family. I finally looked at what I had done to the most beautiful women that ever loved me, she has forgiven me for my sexual desires and now I have a different sexual problem but now she is happier than ever so I am happy even if she left me.. soz it keep glitching on my phone.
Thepainisreal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:08 pm

Re: Partners Sex Addiction

Postby Toughie » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:23 pm

Have you read the book by Patrick Carnes called 'Out of the shadows'? It's an excellent book that shows how sex addiction originates from childhood needs not being met. Therefore , I often wonder if some sex addicted men seek older women as they're sub consciously seeking out the mother's comfort they lacked as they grew up. I know someone who also likes older women. His relationship with his mother has now been identified as one of the core problems that his addiction was masking

I know it feels rubbish but don't take any of this personally, it could be just a painful mummy issue that even he himself hasn't explored.

Your husband could be married to Angelina Jolie but he would still go for other women . It isn't you.
Toughie
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:08 pm

Return to Sexual Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post