Our partner

Pregnant and Boyfriend has Relapsed Badly. Pls Help!!

Sexual Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Pregnant and Boyfriend has Relapsed Badly. Pls Help!!

Postby MoonGoddess240 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I don't know what to do anymore. I have broken up with my sex addict boyfriend several times and we've managed to patch things up each time and get back together. I was hoping beyond all reason that he was healing. Anyway, I became pregnant and we renewed our relationship and I thought things were going well. He seemed really serious about changing and building a good life with our baby. I am so deeply in love with this man! I just caught him lying and cheating once again after everything and with no concern for the baby. So I broke up with him. The problem is that I was really happy planning our life together. Everything was wonderful besides his horrible problem.

I am not at all financially set up to raise this baby alone and my family is extremely poor and cannot help me. I felt like I needed to leave him because he is not changing his actions and I want to stay strong in my boundaries, but the alternative is homelessness and poverty and not a good life for my child. I can probably get help from the state and maybe find work that I can do while pregnant, but it is all very stressful and I don't know if I am strong enough to be a single mom.

This whole thing is just hellish to me now. I am not sure if should stick to my values and stay gone from him (he keeps trying to get back together) or if we should try to get some serious counseling and maybe try to be a family again. I am just not even sure that change is possible for him and I don't want my child raised to be like him either. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Any advice? I don't know what to do...
MoonGoddess240
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Pregnant and Boyfriend has Relapsed Badly. Pls Help!!

Postby TonyS » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:48 pm

IMO you need to stay away from him. You deserve better. Get help from whatever social services you can. There is help for single mothers. And once the baby is born, you can file for support payments.
Build yourself a life. He’ll never change.

I see you posted this a while ago, how are you doing now?
Good luck.
TonyS
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Sexual Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post