Our partner

Covert Incest ~

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderator: Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

Re: Covert Incest ~

Postby Snaga » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:22 am

I took the short ACE.... Wow. That ain't good. Five, six if they'd counted extreme verbal abuse in with mother-battering...

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it to them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re:

Postby Aerix » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:16 am

shivers wrote:A child of a narcissistic parent would have been the recipient of covert incest, as the narc parent uses age inappropriate comments and expectations. Things like being sarcastic to pre-schoolers, they don't understand the sarcasm.

Covert incest has nothing to do with narcissism. Also, I grew up with 2 narcissistic parents and there was definitely none of this nasty $#%^.
Aerix
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby supideo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:43 pm

My mother was often verbally and physically violent toward me, yet at times wanted to embrace me or dance with me. In the morning when her two sons (me and my brother) were having breakfast, she would come into the kitchen in her black negligee to have her coffee. This was common behavior for her in the morning. Her unpredictable behavior left me wondering where I stood with her. I spent most of my life trying to avoid her, and didn't have much of a relationship with her.

Years later, when I was in my forties, and Mom was in her sixties, her physical and mental health became worse. My Dad asked me to help take care of her for a few days, while he needed to work some extra hours.

While he was at work, Mom insisted that I change her flannel nightgown (which did not need changing), because she wanted to wear another one. This meant disrobing her, which I vehemently refused to do. She insisted more vociferously that I remove her gown, saying "you've seen a woman before." I was shouting, "I don't want to do this!" She raised such a fuss that I gave in, and changed her gown.
I'm not sure, but did she commit an emotional rape of me, or am I overstating things?
supideo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby supideo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Ramboc wrote:an all American boy which I never felt like I was despite all my high school and college athletics. My step-dad turned out to be a disappointment and a weak man under he control. All in all, this led me to become bi-sexual

Considering that in spite of your father's "manhood conditioning" , you still couldn't feel like "the All-American Boy", it's possible that you were bisexual from the start, and this was not caused by your upbringing. Every non-straight person I know of explains that their sexual orientation is what they were born with, hard-wired into them.

I have friend who is asexual. His mother blamed herself for not sending him to military school or encouraging him to participate in sports. He often had to explain to her that his asexuality was not caused; it simply is who he is.
supideo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Previous

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post