Our partner

I am sexually attracted to my mother

Open Discussions About Sexual Abuse and Incest.

Moderator: Snaga

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of abuse, some of which are explicit in nature. The topics discussed may be triggering to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum. If you are posting about actions of yours which you feel are/were abusive please post about this in The Remorse Forum. If you have been falsely accused of abusing someone please post in the For Those Falsely Accused of Abusing thread.

Please also note that discussions about Incest in this forum are only in relation to abuse. Discussions about Incest in a non-abusive context are not allowed at PsychForums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Mod Team

I am sexually attracted to my mother

Postby eaglestar » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:00 pm

I am 18 years old and a huge problem that is ruining my existence, I am sexually attracted to my mother who is 37 years old. I live with the woman I want more than anything in the world and I am getting mad. My mother is a woman of incredible beauty, I am attracted to her as almost any man in this world, I don't think I'm sick, I just can't separate the two aspects. I tried to go to a psychologist and I told him everything but he chased me away, treating me badly and insulting me !!! I tried and write on specialized forums, in my country, and they insulted me, canceled the advertisement and banned from the forum. Nobody even wants to hear about my problem, how can I seek help? I hope it doesn't happen here too ... They make me feel like a mentally ill person to lock up and I'm starting to believe it too and think of suicide as much as they make me feel bad about this problem of mine. Sometimes I think it is the world that is sick that prevents me from realizing what I feel as a necessity, not only a dream, but if I tell my mother what I feel for her, if she rejects me, she insults me and she also takes me crazy , I don't think I can stand it and I live in the hope that something can happen sooner or later. I can't even have a normal love life because I compare all the girls that interest me to my mother and none holds the comparison and even if I'm with a woman I always think of my mother.
I am a desperate case and I cannot control this obsession of mine in any way and nobody wants to help me, and even if I find someone I know that he would do it only for money and would take me as crazy as the others. Is there any solution to my problem or do I have to agree to end everything in order to stop suffering like this?
P.S. I apologize for my bad english
eaglestar
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I am sexually attracted to my mother

Postby Snaga » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:04 am

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Well, you know this is an unhealthy obsession/desire, so that's a good start. I would suggest keep on until you find a therapist that can help you with this problem- there has to be one somewhere within reach of you. I don't know that there is an easy answer to this, and a professional is your best bet.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it to them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:34 am

Postby trueself » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:37 pm

There are two things going on here. The first is your obsession with your mother which is not healthy. The second is your preference for older women. Perhaps you need to date an older woman which is perfectly acceptable and normal. There are many 37 year old women would are into 19 year old men.
trueself
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby happyfrog » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:45 pm

eaglestar wrote:I tried to go to a psychologist and I told him everything but he chased me away, treating me badly and insulting me !!!

This was very very unprofessional. Please try again with someone else and this time maybe read a few reviews about the person and clinic/hospital. Being attracted to an older woman is perfectly okay as trueself said. You will find support here, please don't feel like you are alone in your struggle.
happyfrog
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:04 pm

Postby supideo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:58 pm

What is most disturbing is that you have been thinking of suicide. That is more troubling than your attraction to your mother. Until you find a competent, compassionate therapist, please remember that suicide will take away your future, and cause grief for your mother.

Is your father still living, and with your mother? If he is, try remembering that your mother is your father's wife, and this might dampen your desire for her.

You are not filthy, perverse, or sick, and you must avoid people who tell you that you are. Condemning yourself will not help.

It is not unusual for a son to be attracted to his mother. Many men find their mother's to be attractive.
A man is naturally attracted to beautiful women. What a man must do is set his boundaries: Yes, acknowledge to yourself that Mother is beautiful and you are attracted to her, but is she is off limits.

Another person on this thread suggested that you begin a relationship with an older lady. This might help you, if you can transfer your desire for your mother to another lady.

Until you can find a therapist, find a trusted friend in whom you can confide.
supideo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Sexual Abuse and Incest Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post