Our partner

Separated for a year starting two days ago..

Separation Anxiety Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Separated for a year starting two days ago..

Postby eviter_novices » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:51 am

I have been in an off and on relationship with a partner whom I love very much for over eight years now. Two days ago, they got in a car to drive to Texas so they could embark on a six months to a year trip sailing around the world.

I want to be happy for him. I want to support him.. but the moment he hugged me to say goodbye I broke down, I screamed and sobbed my whole drive back to the room I'm renting (I don't call it home because "home" to me has always been where he was). I had multiple panic attacks and when I got there I cried for hours upon hours until finally, after crying for over twelve hours, I fell asleep. From there I spent the next thirteen hours sleeping. Every time I woke up, I felt numb, and I just laid there til I fell back asleep.

I didn't leave my room for 36 hours... I didn't eat or drink anything that entire time. I finally just forced myself to go get something to eat from the convenience store, almost breaking down multiple times because my car was full of belongings that held memories involving the two of us that I hadn't been able to bring inside.

It's been less than two days since he left and I feel like my world has fallen apart... I don't know how to cope with this. He's going to be at sea and I'll be lucky if I hear from him every few weeks from what it sounded like. Anything could go wrong and no one would ever know..

I'm just terrified and so very very alone...
eviter_novices
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Separated for a year starting two days ago..

Postby Snaga » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:44 am

Hey there. How are you holding up? Feeling a little better, I hope?

Is there someone in 3D you can talk to?

Did y'all speak of your concerns before he left? What does he think of this? Have you gotten word from him?

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Separation Anxiety Disorder