Our partner

What books about anger have helped you?

Self Help Books message board, open discussion, and online support

Moderator: thegentlepath

What books about anger have helped you?

Postby thegentlepath » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Right now I’m reading The Dance of Anger by Harriet Lerner & it’s giving me needed perspective in my relationships with my family of origin. I want to change my moves with them, so we’ll see. I’ve also decided to no longer vent my anger because it’s not helping.
thegentlepath
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:29 am
Blog: View Blog (120)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What books about anger have helped you?

Postby thegentlepath » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:58 pm

I’m feeling angry today, so I’ve been trying to apply what I’ve been learning in The Dance of Anger by Harriet Lerner. I was triggered this morning not being able to find my jacket in our hoarded house.

My morning walk has become an extremely important outlet for my emotional equilibrium, so anything that threatens it freaks me out. I was able to find a heavy sweater to wear instead & then took my walk anyway.

When I returned from the walk, I decluttered a dresser drawer to put all my cold weather walking gear: weather proof pants, a sweater I’m using until I find my jacket, & some gloves. Now I’m prepared for my morning walk.

I still feel angry about the hoard. I don’t feel like that will ever go away. It’s a constant, relentless stressor, but this is the least worst housing option available to me. I’m grateful. I would rather be living in a hoarded house than be sleeping rough.
thegentlepath

Local time: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:29 am
Blog: View Blog (120)

Return to Self Help Books

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post