Our partner

I have interest in psychology (Need Advsie)

Self Help Books message board, open discussion, and online support

Moderator: thegentlepath

I have interest in psychology (Need Advsie)

Postby sgngospo » Tue May 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Hello there,

This is my first post in the forum and I was thinking for a long time how to start it and what to write here.

I am 20 years old, student studying Computer Science but lately I am expressing a big interest in psychology. Recently I took a textbook from the University Library called "Social Psychology". Although I enjoyed the parts that I was interested in it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Recently I bought a book called "The Psychology Book". Again I found it interesting but not quite what I was looking for.

Now I wanted to hear from somebody who knows the subject well and can give me advise what to read.

Generally what I find interesting in psychology is how to read people better - body language, vocal tonality, reactions to things you say, do and etc., useful psychological tricks to make people like you, to make a conversation better, to persuade a person, to influence and so on. Also I like things that can be applied to everyday life because so far everything that I've read is just giving you theories, who came up with them, how they came up with them but not how you can actually apply this knowledge in your life somehow.

If you could recommend me some books on the topic or tell me exactly which part of psychology this is I would be extremely grateful.
sgngospo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Self Help Books