Our partner

applying cognitive science

Self Help Books message board, open discussion, and online support

Moderator: thegentlepath

applying cognitive science

Postby noahtodd11 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:55 am

Hello,
Basically, I feel like it would be an amazing tool to know more cognitive science so that I could use it in prioritizing, scheduling, practicing better (I'm a musician), learning more effectively, etc. Is there an important book on the subject? Lots of my friends took psychology in high school but none of them changed their behavior based on the knowledge they recieved.

Both my parents have extremely emotionally stressful jobs, and when they come home I would watch them sit and watch tv for 3 or more hours. I understand that humans need recreational and winding down time, but can't it be more productive?

I'm going to college soon and I feel like I do too much during the day and I consume a ton of information, but I don't retain much of it. Then by 11pm, I have to fight myself not to smoke or drink to wind down. I recently realized that I was isolating myself for weeks of just information consumption and binge-reading. Please let me know your thoughts on a good book or film on the subject, I'd like to have good willpower, prioritize, learn and retain, and relax without killing my brain cells.
noahtodd11
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: applying cognitive science

Postby 000800085525 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:19 am

After I attended a coursera course "learning how to learn", I began to think the same questions, the link is here. https://www.coursera.org/learn/learning-how-to-learn.
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Self Help Books