Our partner

Selective Mutism or just mute?

Selective Mutism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Selective Mutism or just mute?

Postby JadeRain » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:41 pm

Ummm... Hi... My name is... Juri... I uhh... I was made aware of this forum just now by a friend of mine and I kinda had some questions...

I'm... Mute? Anyways, I don't speak out loud. I usderstand language and can write and type of course, but no matter how much I try, I can't seem to speak... Only thing is... Uhh... I have DID (undiagnosed) and the others can talk.

Now I don't know if this is because I'm not usually... Out and about so to speak, or if I just really can't talk. I try really hard now that there's someone I actually want to speak to aside from the other members in my system, but I still can't. I can apparently make sounds if I get excited enough but its just squeaks and or squeals. I usually stay hidden when Raven (the host) is in public but i m not sure I'd consider myself to be socially anxious, thought I usually prefer to stay to myself.

My question is: Is this selective mutism since I can't talk but the others can or am I just mute just because?

Thanks in advance.
DX Generalized Aniety Disorder, PTSD with Dissociative Symptoms, NOS Depressive Disorder

The Clan:
Raven-23;Crow-23;Ariyah-25;Ian-6-12;Daryn;Anja; Josi-6;Marie-18 Protector;Delta and Luke-25;Fang;Juri-13;Zeke-25;Luna-Age slider;Kourasmenos (Koura)-26;Rock-25; Shadow; (The) Beast; Eden; Lexi; ELise; Ghost; Cici;
JadeRain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:30 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Selective Mutism or just mute?

Postby JadeRain » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:53 pm

A reply would be nice... :?
DX Generalized Aniety Disorder, PTSD with Dissociative Symptoms, NOS Depressive Disorder

The Clan:
Raven-23;Crow-23;Ariyah-25;Ian-6-12;Daryn;Anja; Josi-6;Marie-18 Protector;Delta and Luke-25;Fang;Juri-13;Zeke-25;Luna-Age slider;Kourasmenos (Koura)-26;Rock-25; Shadow; (The) Beast; Eden; Lexi; ELise; Ghost; Cici;
JadeRain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:30 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Selective Mutism or just mute?

Postby szcoyote » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:27 am

Please note that I'm not a professional, so I can't diagnose you with anything, but it sounds like you could just be a mute alter. I know that's not too unheard of- we have one or two who either have extreme difficulty speaking, or just cannot speak at all, so I'd like to say that you're not alone.

I suppose to an untrained eye, it would appear to be selective mutism for your system on the whole, but if you, yourself, are unable to talk all the time, I suppose you are just a mute alter.

- Rev
szcoyote
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Selective Mutism Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post