Our partner

Hate fall and winter so much!

Seasonal Affective Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Hate fall and winter so much!

Postby AllYourHamsters » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:07 pm

Just for the record, I haven't been officially diagnosed with seasonal depression. But I believe I have it because my depression is just so much worse in the colder seasons. Most of the time, my anxiety is worse, but for the later portion of the year, my depression becomes my main problem. Don't think it's a coincidence. :shock: Just seeing how ugly it gets outside when it's all cold and rainy is enough to bring me down. I live in the West coast US, so we get very gloomy days over here. :( Sometimes I just want to move to a place that's more sunny. But my mom once told me that's me running away from a problem rather than confronting it and that never works out. She's probably right. :roll: Funny thing though, I didn't get seasonal depression when I was younger. :o I always struggled with depression over the years, but it would never be worse during the fall and winter until my later teen years. I'm 21 now and this is something I've been dealing with for a few years. Wish I knew how to deal with it.

Don't suppose anyone has any tips:?:
AllYourHamsters
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:24 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hate fall and winter so much!

Postby Snaga » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:17 pm

If you suspect the short days causes depression, have you considered trying a Light Therapy Lamp?

Tell someone today that you love them; for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon; for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby AllYourHamsters » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:46 pm

I havent. I don't know if it's shorter days as much as it is dark and dreary weather depressing me. :cry:
AllYourHamsters
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:24 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Snaga » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:33 am

Well that's what I meant by 'shorter days'. You might consider trying a lamp out, then. Some folks seem to think they work.

Tell someone today that you love them; for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon; for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Seasonal Affective Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post