Our partner

Do I have Sad?

Seasonal Affective Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Do I have Sad?

Postby nodrugsinthebox » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:24 pm

The last week I have been sleeping all day. Today I lied in bed all day eating cheese its and drinking coke. I am not suicidal, and my miserable lifestyle is fine with me. Its kind of a drag sleeping all day but its preferable to being actually depressed. Do I have SAD? I kind of enjoy myself for the most part, in a weird way. I smoke cigs and drink coke all day, showering is a bother. I listen to psychadelic rap and think about my life. I am sleeping maybe 17 hours a day, which is my only real symptom as well as low energy, but it is a bit extreme. What do you think?
nodrugsinthebox
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do I have Sad?

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:25 pm

If you're not depressed, or even sad, then I don't think you have SAD. I'm not a doctor, but part of SAD is being depressed when the weather changes drastically (or even a little, in extreme cases). Maybe see a doctor if you're sleeping that long and aren't on any medication.
Email me if you want a doughnut

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Medication: Geodone 160 MG, Lexapro 5mg

Forum Rules

Heck
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Do I have Sad?

Postby Katherine94 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:04 pm

You might have SAD, as I have read a lot about this illness, but I am not a professional. Depression doesn't always mean that you feel sad and gloomy, in some cases the patient feels just empty. No motivation, no energy. There are some SAD questionnaires you can take for free on the internet if you are worried about how you feel. They do not replace professional help, but they can give you a hint if you need to take further action. Help is available, do not suffer alone. Depression is highly treatable with the appropriate care, you can and will feel better again.
Katherine94
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Seasonal Affective Disorder Forum