Our partner

Suffering from SAD and bipolar

Seasonal Affective Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Suffering from SAD and bipolar

Postby forward » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:16 am

Hi, new here. Though I post on a couple of other forums. I have bipolar and also it acts up most during certain times of the year. This is one, Oct-Nov, and this year it has knocked my mood down big time. Last year was not so bad, I’d just started lithium a few months back so I thought it would last, the good results. Guess not. Waiting on lithium levels, I asked my doctor if I could have an increase. In the meantime I am miserable.
forward
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 11:52 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Suffering from SAD and bipolar

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Sorry to hear that you're going through this, Forward. I go through similar stuff with Bipolar, but do not have season affective disorder. My boyfriend does, however. He moved from southern United States (where it was never below 60 degrees) up to Northern United States (where it was 20 degrees yesterday, and they're talking about snow coming soon), and ever since then, when he was around 10 years old, he's had it. His comes around the same time. He asked his doctor about it (before he had to stop seeing his doctor due to not having insurance), and he recommended a light box. I've heard they work wonderfully, but they can be a bit pricey. Be sure it's for "Light therapy", or just simply type in "Light box for SAD". While my boyfriend told me it wasn't a big deal and to not get one for him, I have heard from other people that they can work.
Email me if you want a doughnut

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Medication: Geodone 160 MG, Lexapro 5mg

Forum Rules

Heck
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 12:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Suffering from SAD and bipolar

Postby Forum333 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:07 pm

I have both bipolar disorder and seasonal affective disorder. It is very depressing. I am on Lithium. I still get mania in the summer and deep depression in the winter. I have a light box and I use it a couple of times per week. I also bought an extra LED light for my office desk. It helps relieve the tired and weary feeling from SAD and depression. My moods started getting moody when I was in my 20's. Medicine helps and the side effects can be harmful to the physical body. I still take an anti-depressant, anxiety medicine, and Lithium. I always wonder if people can tell I have bipolar disorder, anxiety, and SAD. I wonder what it would be like if I didn't have a mental illness. My family seemed broken when I was a kid. I was the youngest. I turned to pets for care or attention. I never let anyone get close to me. Now, I have to let people become friends and family because too much isolation is not good. I do suffer because I say things unintentional or I misuse my words. I have to understand that no one is trying to hurt me or offend me on purpose. I am so glad that I am not the only one suffering from SAD and bipolar. Have a pleasant day.
Forum333
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 11:52 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Seasonal Affective Disorder Forum