Our partner

New here and have a question.

Seasonal Affective Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

New here and have a question.

Postby MoeH » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:05 pm

I remember experiencing a couple of SAD issues (in the ND winter) when I was a teen going through puberty, but then nothing until I started using a natural form of thyroid drug called Armour, which is made from pig thyroid. Pigs have almost identical hormones to humans and that is why Armour works so well for us. Armour was the gold standard of hypothyroidism treatment before the synthetics came along. I went from the late 60's til now with NO SAD until I switched from Synthroid, a synthetic thyroid drug, to Armour, the natural drug treatment. I switched 3 years ago and that's the exact time that SAD started when the days started getting shorter and colder. Does anyone know anything about Armour contributing to SAD? I hate this and don't really know what to do. I do take extra D3 every day, along with some other supplements such as L-theanine, B's, etc... plus today I started using a lightbox. Unless someone has experienced this, they don't have a clue. I just don't get why I went all those years feeling fine and then bam.... SAD hits me and just happens to coincide with the same time that I switched from a synthetic drug to a natural drug. Any ideas or input... I appreciate it!
Last edited by Snaga on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please avoid the use of all bold font, thanks
MoeH
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: New here and have a question.

Postby TameQueen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:49 am

My mom was happier on synthroid. The pig hormone doesn't work for everyone.
DX: Nihilist
TameQueen
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 4:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Seasonal Affective Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post