Our partner

My SAD time is approaching

Seasonal Affective Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

My SAD time is approaching

Postby TM1989 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum & just looking to see if anyone relates to me and my SAD. It usually starts around the last week of August, so I'm dreading that it is approaching. It gets really bad throughout September, with my anxiety being super high almost on a daily basis. It doesn't start to "get better" until late October when I'm getting used to the seasonal changes. The transition from Summer to Fall is what causes it for me. I live in Toronto, Canada so right around that time of year the air starts to get chillier, and it starts to get darker earlier. The thought of summer ending is so sad. Our winters are cold, dark and long. I'm usually ok throughout November/December because of Christmas, it lifts my spirits up a bit. Once January comes, it's back and stays until March-ish. Although the worst of it is always from the end of August to end of October :( I'm just really dreading it and looking for someone to relate to, lol.

Thanks for reading!
TM1989
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My SAD time is approaching

Postby Tyler » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:39 am

While I, myself, cannot relate, I do experience someone with a very similar outlook to you - my boyfriend. He has SAD on top of Schizoid PD. He's generally kind of blank, usually, from the SPD, but he gets down in the dumps from November up until Christmas. Christmas is the most important day of the year for me, but it's a rough time for him, especially with the snow and everything. He gets anxious when the weather changes, mainly when things start falling from the sky (rain, sleet, hail, snow) and when it starts to get REALLY cold out. He's fine in September and part of October, but then he really starts to get down in the dumps. I try to talk to him about this, and the answer is always "I don't want to talk about it," or "I'm fine. Really, I'm okay."

You're not alone in this. There are a lot of people out there with it. I go through regular depression. The thing I try to recommend to everyone on here is to keep focused on tasks. Keep your mind occupied. It's a lot easier said than done, but if you do it, it helps. If you get off track, find something small to do. Do the laundry, read a book, make your bed, organize your garage, anything, just keep going.

Hope this helps. Stay strong.
Email me if you want a doughnut or some dairy products

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:09 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

Return to Seasonal Affective Disorder Forum