Our partner

Looking for some advice

Seasonal Affective Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Looking for some advice

Postby smash10033 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:03 pm

I was wondering if some of you could possibly let me know if what I suffer from is SAD.

I have always gotten down in the Winter months. I feel less social, less energy and really do not want to do anything but go to work and come home and workout.

The last 4-5 years it has gotten unbearable for me. I felt somewhat good until about October. Then each month got progressively worse. In January and February it was full blown depression. I could barely find any enjoyment in anything. I cut myself off from my friends, become down, sleep more and just feel like crap.

During the spring and summer It is like I become manic. I am out all the time and barely at home. I sleep very little and my mood is so good. In my early 20's I used to tan during the winter months. That was from the time I was 22-26 years old and the winters were not an issue when I did this... I think that was the only time in my life I felt good in the winters. I am now 36 and I already started feeling down about the summer coming to an end. It is actually scaring me that the fall and winter is upon us because it is so painful for me. I was wondering if this is SAD or something else ?
smash10033
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:21 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Looking for some advice

Postby Tyler » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi.

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through that. What it sounds like to me is that you may have SAD, and you may have had it for a while, but leaving it go untreated only made it worse. Can you afford to see a psychiatrist? If you can, I would recommend it, see what they have to say on the matter, especially with the mania part about the summer.
Email me if you want a doughnut or some dairy products

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)

Return to Seasonal Affective Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post