Our partner

I'm tired of this now..

Seasonal Affective Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I'm tired of this now..

Postby seabreezeblue » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Anyone else really struggling atm?

I'm trying to stay out of the darkness of depression but right now i can't even see a light switch.. let alone be able to switch it on.
I've been struggling with this every single year for about 17 years now.. I've tried quite a few things and this year i've actually managed to overcome the whole ''i'm not getting out of bed'' thing by using a dawn simulator alarm clock..
but that's not helping for the rest of the day.. it just means i'm up earlier and have longer awake time to feel crappy about.

I have roughly a month to go before this starts lifting a bit.. help :( :(
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (26)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I'm tired of this now..

Postby naps » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:07 pm

I hear you! But a month is not too long to wait for things to start changing. Every day, the sun is tilting a little bit more towards the sun. And although it sends my OCD into a tailspin, daylight savings time starts soon, which means the days will start getting longer. Do you have daylight saving time where you live?

Here in the northeast US, we've been lucky. It's been an especially mild winter. I'm hoping this means the warm weather will be here a little earlier this year.

Ridiculous as it sounds, this time of year is actually kind of hopeful for me because I know the summer is on it's way. I tend to live in the future a little too much, so often in the summertime I get apprehensive because I know I will have winter to deal with in a few months. Not so now.

Are there any positive aspects of the dark seasons that you can focus on? In my case, I enjoy the quiet. It's very noisy where I live, especially in the warmer weather. I find the street noise unnerving, and it frequently keeps me awake at night. I'm trying to appreciate the quiet while I have it.

In a month or so, the trees will start to bud, and migratory birds will start to make their appearance. I try to focus on these things to help lift my mood. On good days, it can take the edge off.

Hang in there! The seasons are changing and nothing can stop it!
naps
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby silvershade » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:52 am

I'm struggling with a heatwave that's hitting right now, 50 days since it last rained or so, 50 more days until it will rain again it seems, rain, that blissful thing that washes away all the icky sticky sorrows...
But I'm keeping my head above the smog,, the rain will come again, maybe not any time soon... but one day I'll wake up to that familiar smell, one day I'll walk out and those cool droplets of water will make my back wet with water instead of sweat. Might not be today, but I look forward to it anyway. I'm thinking of all the possibilities that will be true when it cools down, I could go out with friends for a hike, or go to a dance party in a canyon... it might not be now, but maybe tomorrow.

for the longest time I struggled, then I got a job at a door to door advertising company, sounds silly, I know, imagine walking around and getting the door slammed in your face all the time, every day... instead of talking about that in our meetings though, we talked about, how can we make ourselves the best possible, what's a goal, what do you want in life... and the philosophy of setting goals has helped me overcome the greatest hurdles.. which is why I wait here, all sticky, researching excel formulas, all sticky, waiting for the next rain.

but seriously it's way too hot outside, my SAD is there on dry sunny days throughout most of the year
silvershade
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seabreezeblue » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:48 pm

I'm really sorry silvershade.. I tend to feel good when it's sunny, but I know what you mean about feeling all icky and sticky, and i'm really sorry your mood crashes when it's like that outside.

Hope the rain comes soon for you xx
Shine me a light up
and i'll run round the moon..
seabreezeblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (26)

Return to Seasonal Affective Disorder Forum