Our partner

This Disorder is all in your head

Seasonal Affective Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: This Disorder is all in your head

Postby jilkens » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:49 am

I don't think "Reverse SAD" is an actual diagnosis, but there's enough people out there who are negatively impacted by Spring/Summer for it to be recognized as a problem. I have no idea what could help with it though - blackout curtains to make longer nights?
Blame it on me, but know that I won't regret one iota.
jilkens
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:28 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby hiddendarts » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Had to laugh at this post. It IS in your head, for sure.

In my opinion (and through experience), it's all about the hours of sunlight growing (late December to June) and the sunlight hours shrinking (June to December).

People with SAD don't adapt very well to these changes.

Simple as that.
hiddendarts
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MoeH » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:32 pm

KevinG31 wrote:Sunshine doesn't make a person happy, having fun and success in life makes you happy. This nonsense "disorder" is a scapegoat for people who want to find an excuse for why they don't feel good. Happiness comes on a snowy day, on a rainy day, on a foggy day, the weather doesn't control your emotions.

SAD is not in people's heads. It's not fake or made up. I have a wonderful life... couldn't ask for a better life and this just gobsmacked me out of the blue. No way would I make this SAD crap up. I don't have time for that kind of game. SAD is very real. Unless you have experienced it, you wouldn't have a clue. In Sweden they have Light Rooms to treat people with seasonal depression. The US Air Force base in Alaska has a light room to treat airmen with SAD. I seriously doubt any of them would make this up. Why are you on this board if you haven't experienced it and think it's fake?
MoeH
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm actually going to lock this thread. I don't find it at all appropriate for the forum, as this is a peer support forum, and this isn't helping anyone.
Email me if you want a doughnut or some dairy products

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:28 am
Blog: View Blog (5)

Previous

Return to Seasonal Affective Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views