Our partner

*The Magical Thinking Thread*

Schizotypal Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

*The Magical Thinking Thread*

Postby xcagedsilhouttex » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Feel free to embrace your oddness and share some of the magical thinking you have experienced.

At one point in my life, I was convinced that I could influence the power of the wind. I felt that the wind and I were intrinsically connected entities and that the wind would push me the right directions that fate intended.
dx: Mixed Personality Disorder (F61)
Anorexia Nervosa (F50)
Substance Abuse (F11)

But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all
xcagedsilhouttex
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:35 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: *The Magical Thinking Thread*

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:33 pm

I don't share too many of these things publicly, but yes many.
If I shared some of the really immersive ones, they are scarcely believable and impossible to explain.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby emillionth » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:30 am

I'm not sure if this one qualifies as "magical" (because it's purely metaphysical), but I'm sure it does qualify as "odd" at the very least:

I believe that the most plausible explanation for my existence as a separate consciousness is that I am what defines this universe. In the (nearly?) infinite tree of possibilities, I am this particular timeline. The universe as I know it is entirely defined by my suspiciously unlikely but nonetheless undeniable existence through time. And these conditions that brought me to exist (including the very laws of physics themselves, or at least the particular values of fundamental constants like the speed of light) are probably going to lead to some kind of increasingly bizarre future where I keep (somehow) existing while everyone and everything else doesn't.

I kinda feel like the Lords of the Sixth-and-a-Half Dimension will be knocking on my door the moment I post this, like "hey, dude, you're not allowed to know that". :lol:
Is this now?
emillionth
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:57 am

emillionth wrote:I kinda feel like the Lords of the Sixth-and-a-Half Dimension will be knocking on my door the moment I post this, like "hey, dude, you're not allowed to know that". :lol:

I know this is a joke but I can relate. I get suspicious too. My life has been full of so many synchronicities that I'm often thinking that I'm being groomed for some secret club. Or I'm a sleeper agent for some multidimensional drama. Like there is this ancient knowledge or itch right in the depths of my mind that will be triggered and I'll complete my life mission. Right now I'm in training and I only vaguely suspect it. I've learned all sorts of unusual skills in my life and one day they will all come together.

Perhaps I think this way so that I can feel special and make sense of all the random nonsense that has been my life though. Maybe I am a little crazy. It's hard to dismiss it as nothing at all if the coincidences keep lining up every single day without fail though.

I'm itching to spill some of the bat sh1t unbelievable things that have happened to me but not sure if I should.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:24 am

I'm convinced that there are events in the future that are so important that they send out waves both further into the future but also back into the past. These waves create intuitive directions in my present directing me towards that future becoming.

I have memories of incredible life changing moments in the past which I couldn't explain then but now in my life right now I am creating the waves that propagate into the past causing me to be drawn to certain directions.

So for me it is like the wind. A wind that travels through time in either direction, back forwards, up, down through all the potentials of the different versions of me. It's like an infinite possibilities entangled.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby malou » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:10 am

i feel i can foretell future
malou
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:35 am

Postby xcagedsilhouttex » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:02 am

emillionth wrote:I'm not sure if this one qualifies as "magical" (because it's purely metaphysical), but I'm sure it does qualify as "odd" at the very least:

I believe that the most plausible explanation for my existence as a separate consciousness is that I am what defines this universe. In the (nearly?) infinite tree of possibilities, I am this particular timeline. The universe as I know it is entirely defined by my suspiciously unlikely but nonetheless undeniable existence through time. And these conditions that brought me to exist (including the very laws of physics themselves, or at least the particular values of fundamental constants like the speed of light) are probably going to lead to some kind of increasingly bizarre future where I keep (somehow) existing while everyone and everything else doesn't.

I kinda feel like the Lords of the Sixth-and-a-Half Dimension will be knocking on my door the moment I post this, like "hey, dude, you're not allowed to know that". :lol:

I think there is a hypothesis that outlines the idea that your consciousness stays in the time lines that you are still alive in meaning that you will only experience death when that is the only probability left. That could very well mean that you outlive everyone you know. It reminds me of the film Mr Nobody.
dx: Mixed Personality Disorder (F61)
Anorexia Nervosa (F50)
Substance Abuse (F11)

But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all
xcagedsilhouttex
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:43 am

^Mr Nobody was an interesting film I enjoyed it even though I disagreed with the central theme. I couldn't relate to the indecisiveness as well. "I can see all potentials so I won't choose and stay here by the railroad with my eyes open gawking in anxiety". On the opposite end, is the movie "Arrival". The main woman sees, and knows the impeding suffering but boldly goes forward. Perhaps the difference is that she only has one time line though.

Mr Nobody is what "bad faith" would look like if fantastic other realities were whimsically beautiful and Arrival about courageously networked together in trust and fulfilling ones destiny. Which to choose, the wave potential or the particle? To stay in fantasy land or choose and make one real? They can't all be real. They are only potentials that appear real in the mind. Realness is when one chooses.
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby RealityFrayed » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:42 am

I do black and white magic all the time, like all day, consciously or in a rush of racing thoughts. I put curses or wards on people and things, I cast spells upon my self to make me what I want myself to be when I need, and so with others as well. I have a magic rock that is also my spirit animal, and I take trophies from my enemies that I use to harness power from them. I subscribe to the belief that all words are magic.
RealityFrayed
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Postby Obscure » Sun May 12, 2019 4:47 am

Yes, and others have felt that they have traversed 10 universes during their lifetime. This universe definitely feels as if it has a new "personality" than it did even a week ago. To live 1 life is but a tragedy, but to live a million is but a statistic.
Obscure
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:35 pm

Next

Return to Schizotypal Personality Disorder

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post