Our partner

Sanpaku Eyes

Schizotypal Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Sanpaku Eyes

Postby Auxiliary11 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 pm

"Sanpaku a Japanese term meaning “three whites,” which originated from a Chinese term. It is generally referred to in English as "sanpaku eyes" and refers to eyes in which the white space above or below the iris is visible."

Thought this might be interesting for Schizotypals. It's basically this concept where you can tell certain things about a person, depending on how much of their Sclera is showing and where it's actually showing (above or below).

Links:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OY6xUAKQaas/ ... blogo3.jpg

http://www.tofugu.com/2012/08/15/sanpaku/

The 'Sclera showing above the Iris' is usually consistent with severe mental illness or extreme stress, however the 'Sclera showing below the Iris' differs depending on who you ask; some say it's because that person has been through a lot of outside 'abuse' (i.e. the world is out to get them) or more scientifically it can be due to physical imbalance such as alcoholism, drug abuse, or over-consumption of sugar/grains. It does hold some weight though because of how stress impacts the optic nerve and ultimately effects the positioning of the eyelid.

In terms of personality disorders I could guess that Borderlines, due to their intense anger, intense stress-proneness, and psychotic tendencies may, at times, show the 'Sclera above the iris'. Along with this I know that Schizotypals can be classed as mild Schizophrenics, and as such I'm wondering if you guys have these so called "Sanpaku Eyes". Personally mine show the below version most of the time.
self dx. pdd-nos (level 1); covert narcissism w/ avoidant traits; social phobia; inertia.

INFP; dismissive/fearful-avoidant & highly sensitive person

"Life, a sexually transmitted, terminal disease."
"you built up a world of magic, because your real life is tragic"
Auxiliary11
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sanpaku Eyes

Postby CloudShark » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:37 pm

Yes! I've read about this (sorry, I'm not Schizotypal, although very interested in this sort of thing). I've never met anyone with Sanpaku eyes. Have you?
"Away"
CloudShark
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: Sanpaku Eyes

Postby Auxiliary11 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:48 am

Not personally, although if they look as weird as they do on Charles Manson I'm sure I'll know them when I see them, no pun intended.

http://www.monthlyadventure.com/wp-cont ... re-133.png
self dx. pdd-nos (level 1); covert narcissism w/ avoidant traits; social phobia; inertia.

INFP; dismissive/fearful-avoidant & highly sensitive person

"Life, a sexually transmitted, terminal disease."
"you built up a world of magic, because your real life is tragic"
Auxiliary11
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Schizotypal Personality Disorder