Our partner

is mind reading ever possible?

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

is mind reading ever possible?

Postby davegl1234 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi,

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia 8 years ago, and externally i am coping; i got a degree , i have a job, i live with mate who doesn't know of my condition, i'm even going on a date tomorrow with a girl i like, and i try by best to live as normally as possible....but i've never been able to shake the thought that people can read my mind. Some sort of device may have been implanted in my brain when i was younger, and somehow everyone around me can read my thoughts.

Right now, whilst typing this, i am thinking of my neighbours laughing at me and pitying me for even posting this message.

I walk past people and they are laughing at my thoughts, i hear people commenting on things i have thought, have conversations with people with my thoughts, i hear people say that they can read my mind, I hear cars beeping at my thoughts (i.e beep this tune if you can hear my thoughts, and then they do) and there are too many coincidences that seem to imply that people are reading my mind.

The thought hasn't left me for 8 years, wherever i am i will always be aware of people in the vicinity hearing my thoughts, its been constant, and its been pretty horrible...i will wake up and worry about what people will have made of my dreams.....

Rationally, i tell myself it isn't possible, i google mind reading devices, i read about other schizophrenics who have incredibly similar experiences, i talk to friends and family...and this helps, but this relief is fleeting, and soon enough i will be constantly aware of others hearing what i am thinking.

I don't think that this device has been put in anyone else, only me....

Reading back what i have written, it sounds pretty schizophrenic, but has anyone heard of someone called 'dave' from england whoms inner thoughts are read by everyone in the vicinity? Or am just mentally ill? Everyone knows who i am wherever i go, knows my name, and is never suprised to hear my thoughts.
davegl1234
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: is mind reading ever possible?

Postby ImaWacko » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:03 am

oh, i could describe some experiences that convinced me that telepathy is real, mental exchanges between myself and friends, laughingly confirmed (wow cool, man!). i could tell how i used to reach out with my mind and poke people, strangers, just to see if they could feel me in their heads ... some could, most couldn't. i could give you a brief synopsis of my studies of the collective consciousness and the interesting phenom i witnessed produced by one emotionally charged affinity group or another.

but that would be just one wacko telling stories to another wacko. what difference would it make if i told you that you aren't crazy, just talented but emotionally damaged and terribly undisciplined? you would believe me? lol
ImaWacko
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby DTBM2 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:12 am

I'm not schizophrenic.
this book will definetly answer your question..
http://www.infowars.com/big-brother-the ... come-true/
http://www.amazon.com/Big-Brother-Orwel ... 0967346614
its worth a read, it sites everything it says.
and to answer your question yes.
In my Styrofoam coffin, asleep on the interstate.
DTBM2
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:01 pm

Postby Frokly » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:09 am

hey dave, i have almost the same symptoms as you do, when i was in school i used to think that i was telepathic but just that i had no control over my powers that my thoughts were spilling everywhere... then when i had my relapse it escalated into pure insanity, but largely the same symptoms,

i felt like everybody was talking behind my back, and everybody would smile at me and laugh when i walked by because they knew what i was thinking...

just to let you know i've never heard of a Dave with his thoughts heard by everyone in the vicinity... just think of it when i was having episode for the past 10 years...i had the same problem... and the past 5 weeks was my third episode... and i thought everyone knew me untill yesterday... when i came out of all the insanity... so let me ask you do you know of a God that lives in Malaysia? no.. right? same with you never heard of you, you just got to trust your doctor when he says its all chemical imbalances which my doctor always reminds me...

look at all the people with the same symptoms, and remember, having "conviction" is easy... nobody wants to believe they are crazy, and everybody wants to believe they are special, at least in my case... but once you realize how many people have the same problem and how easy it is for them to have conviction of their unique circumstances you'll realize its all not true... and that the reality is you are unwell and need treatment... or as i put it, "i'm a goddamned psychopath..." which i keep reminding myself

remember... conviction is easy to come by, its very easy to believe
i was bi-winning too... until my pdoc increase my meds... then i was bi-polar

nobody wants to believe they are insane, everybody wants to believe they are special... so i am normal... which makes me insane
Frokly
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:01 am

Postby Makky » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:23 pm

I am convinced that people can hear what I type....

Or that they know what I am watching. If I am watching a video, I'm certain my whole house knows what I'm watching...
Hello new friend my name is Fred, the words you hear are in my head. I say I said my name is Fred and I've been very...naaaaughty.
Makky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ImaWacko » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:19 pm

look at all the people with the same symptoms, and remember, having "conviction" is easy... nobody wants to believe they are crazy, and everybody wants to believe they are special, at least in my case... but once you realize how many people have the same problem and how easy it is for them to have conviction of their unique circumstances you'll realize its all not true... and that the reality is you are unwell and need treatment... or as i put it, "i'm a goddamned psychopath..." which i keep reminding myself

no. this is not at all what i'm saying. i'm saying that none of us are "special" since everyone, every human, is connected within the human collective and constantly participating in communication via the subconscious. the only thing makes any of the wackos here "special" is that we may be conscious of that unconscious communication. and the only thing unique about any of us is our individual circumstances which determines the ways in which we each interpret what we recieve from the mass unconscious. we enevitably filter all that info thru our experience lens and often that lens is dirty with misunderstanding and warped with pain and self loathing. our delusions are simply misinterpreted data.

i KNOW conscious telepathy can occur between those with deep affinity and i'll not LIE to myself by employing the "psychiatric excuse" to discard a truth that is unpopular with my susperstitious fear driven society. oh the nasty things that go on in some folks' heads! it's no wonder many would prefer not to be read and seen for what they truly are "in there". better that those who might reveal such nastiness be labled incurable and medicated into "normal" dullards.

yeah, i am crazy but the definition of sanity is decided by popular opinion and don't see the standards for sanity in my society as being very sane. the world is a nuthouse, its just that some insanity (like wars for profit, environmental rape and pillage and rapacious consumerism) is more socially acceptable than others. be my guest if you prefer to think of your self as unwell and in need of mind dulling medications but did it ever occur to you with so many people experiencing similar "symptoms" that what is being experienced isn't actually abnormal?

oh and PS. if telepathy is so impossible how is that a machine can do it?
http://www.npr.org/2011/05/12/135598390 ... nto-action
ImaWacko
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Patrickcon » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:06 am

it is real. you have to practice it. most of what you are talking about sounds like paranoia.

I know people who are telepathic and we practice it quite often and it works. my one friend can make people vomit with her mind. when she gets angry you can almost hear her yelling. it is real. try to find people who can do it or practice it.

my one friend can see pictures that I project to his mind. I was telling him a story about this incident I had with this guy who pulled a knife on me and he described what he looked like and what the building looked like in great detail before I finished the story. he is a genius artist and computer programmer.

I am a genius musician and artist. I have projected songs into my friends heads without speaking.

there are times when my friends and are practicing and I can feel the vibrations in my head.

explanations? ummm......bacteria? try thinking on a molecular level. your brain gives off wavelengths that can travel through the air in microscopic balls of bacteria that are too small for scientist to study.

all I know is I know some telepathic people and we do this stuff all the time.
Patrickcon
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:01 pm

Postby fluke30 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:27 am

I know the strongest method of projecting what you want others to feel or what you are feeling is through eye contact. If you look at them like you are worried that they can read your thoughts then of course they are gonna laugh.
There is no right or wrong path in life, just people aimlessly wandering in the footsteps of others until they either find light, dark or nothing.
fluke30
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:01 am

Postby true_native_907 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:54 pm

for a long time i was convinced people could read my mind, and also i always get a feeling like im talking when im not
on one of my relapses i thought i the right hand of god for like 5 months when i came out of it i felt bad
i even started thinking i could tell the future. like the voices in my head would say something like watch out, then someone would hit there head or bump something literally
this happend a lot with me leading me to believe i could tell the future for some time.
true_native_907
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby skyzonefree » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:02 pm

word by word mind reading is never possible.. although i can pretty much relate to what you guys are saying here.. it does seems to make sense all the times..

but when i get the nonsense part of it into the equation.. there gonna be like some inner galactical battle between the federation of truth and the evil bastardized empire of yet another set of truth..

i would constantly succumb to paranoia.. but sometimes i would try channeling my thoughts to the mind reader with something like 'why the heck you wanna read my mind? the government need people like you to protect us from potential terrorist!'..

it goes something like that on and on.. until i realise the silly aspect of it all.. and easily shrug it off.. okay not that easily.. haha

and the facts would rush into me ya know.. like the closest thing to the unexistance of mind reading is probably anticipating one's action or behaviour thru the means of body language and facial expressions..
If you knew success was a certainty, what would you attempt to do?
skyzonefree
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:01 am

Next

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post