Our partner

I feel I may have Schizophrenia

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

I feel I may have Schizophrenia

Postby KimaK » Sun May 22, 2022 7:24 am

I really do feel that I am misdiagnosed & no one gave a damn to see about getting me treatment. All throughout my life my Mom sure didn't! She expects too much of me. I don't even like how she relies on me when I am mentally vulnerable myself!
Tonight was pretty bad. I could not stop hitting my head with my hands & I was so mad at myself.
I had to go downstairs of my Mothers home down to the basement to 'let loose' meaning I shoved the liquid detergent & fabric softner onto the ground in a rage. i did yell some & I was a whirlwind of anger. I know that I hate PTSD which is coming to the surface now that the Step father passed away because he was abusive really bad. He was not a nice guy however everyone thinks he was. I threw his photo album that of course had pictures OF HIM in just about every photo. Yes a total narcissist!
It is so not fair the mess he left & just how selfish he was. I think that was what my rage was about only it was an extreme form of my illness mixed in with something else.
I really don't know what to do either. I'm not optimistic. My Mother wants me to be codependant & happy. I can't be that way anymore. I never got what I needed from her or anyone because all I was , was someone to me merely tolerated just so people could be near Mom. I know this already. I'm not stupid.
KimaK
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:32 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I feel I may have Schizophrenia

Postby Snaga » Mon May 23, 2022 2:07 am

Well, no one here is allowed to diagnose, but nothing you've posted seems to be very schizophrenic, on the surface. What all are you diagnosed with?
Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:32 pm

Re: I feel I may have Schizophrenia

Postby andrew112 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:49 am

KimaK, I am so sorry you had to go through the trauma and challenges you described. As far as feeling like you have Schizophrenia, have you ever seen a psychiatrist or social worker? I know when I first came down with psychosis fifteen years ago, I saw a social worker who referred me to a psychiatrist, who diagnosed me with early psychosis. I was prescribed 0.25mg Risperidone but refused to take it because I did not think I was mentally ill, and because I thought the medication was evil. It's a shame I did not realize I was ill because I could have spared myself years of suffering. But after ten years, when I did become medication compliant, I finally began to make progress. I hope you do too.
andrew112
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:32 pm

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post