Our partner

What are my chances of becoming schizophrenic?

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

What are my chances of becoming schizophrenic?

Postby Bb1992 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:16 am

I am a 27, almost 28 year old male in good health. I have suffered bouts of depression the past few years along with anxiety and OCD. I am on Zoloft everyday and am doing well for the most part. I'm staying active and keeping busy. The reason whyI ask this is that on my mothers side there are two stories of people with suspected schizophrenia. my maternal grandmother's father was said to have been institutionalized for his life because of it, and my maternal aunt (mom's sister) is a paranoid schizophrenic. Does this skip generations?

Neither of my parents or siblings has this condition. What are the chances of becoming a schizophrenic?
Bb1992
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What are my chances of becoming schizophrenic?

Postby ttt123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:51 pm

I don't know, you never know, sometimes it shows up late in life, I can't tell you if you will get it. But my family has a lot of schizophrenia, and it skipped my aunt, and sister, the rest of us have some form of mental illness or schizophrenia. The one's that the mental illness skipped are doing normal and living good lives, the rest of us have struggled cause of the mental illnesses.
ttt123
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post