Our partner

Natural remedies for schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Natural remedies for schizophrenia.

Postby Violet46 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:46 pm

I have been taking some natural remedies for schizophrenia which I found in a herbal book under "Schizophrenia". I have also been doing chakra healing from a book. I have found these remedies have helped hugely. I am still confused by the voices, though I have been finding them easier to ignore and have been able to do the things I have to do, instead of just sitting listening to them. I have been taking these remedies for a few months now.
Violet46
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Natural remedies for schizophrenia.

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:58 am

It should be noted that you should discuss natural remedies with your doctor before doing them.
Email me if you want a doughnut
ImageImageImage

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby OrbweaverLeads » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:28 am

What are you taking Violet46?

I'm taking Sarcosine and L-Theanine. Not sure if they lower my anxiety, maybe a bit of placebo benefit.

That's good news you're more productive with your practical tasks.
OrbweaverLeads
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:44 am

OrbweaverLeads wrote:What are you taking Violet46?

I'm taking Sarcosine and L-Theanine. Not sure if they lower my anxiety, maybe a bit of placebo benefit.

How do you find sarcosine works?
Does anyone else have experience with it?
Bitches Be Tripping. They're me - I'm Bitches.  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:25 pm

Postby OrbweaverLeads » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:34 am

DaturaInnoxia wrote:How do you find sarcosine works?

I'm not too sure. My main symptom is psychotic rage. I think I feel a little calmer but it may be a placebo effect. I've also increased my daily exercise significantly so maybe that helps too.
OrbweaverLeads
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:58 pm

I tried sarcosine a number of years ago when I thought I was experiencing negative symptoms.

The last time I took it, I experienced 4-6 hours worth of panic attacks back to back. I thought I was going to have a psychotic break from the stress of it.

I never took it again. I was disappointed because I actually felt it might be helping for the loss of spontaneous speech.

Psychotic rage?

As in you have a break from reality when you go into a rage?
Bitches Be Tripping. They're me - I'm Bitches.  ~ unknown
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby OrbweaverLeads » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:49 am

oh gosh DaturaInnoxia, I'm very sorry to hear that. That's terrible mate.

I didn't notice anything so noticeable with sarcosine. It has no effect, maybe if anything a placebo effect on me. I found L-Thealine more noticeable - I rocked up for a work shift (customer service) and felt exhausted physically yet psychologically reactive. It was a hard shift to get thru. Tired & emotional.

On the plus side, you may be very sensitive to supplements so maybe the right one for you could feel good? I've heard that Brussels sprout extract is good for us psychotics. Or perhaps acupuncture could serve you well.

I don't want to suggest anything that could bring bad effects for you.

My GP said all my supplements were merely expensive urine, money down the drain with no benefits & no risks. Only NAC came up as risky on her data base.

I'm prepared to try supplements & various modalities as the mainstream hasn't yet served well. But there is always the most recent research to motivate me.
OrbweaverLeads
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Violet46 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:08 pm

OrbweaverLeads wrote:What are you taking Violet46?

Thank you. I have been taking zinc vitamins, using crystals for chakra healing, by putting the relevant crystal on each chakra and lying down. The crystals are: garnet, carnelian, citrine, adventurine, blue agate, lapis lazuli, and amethyst, going from root chakra upwards. I have also been taking tinctures: 2 parts passion flower, 1 part rosemary, 1 part valerian, half part ginger. With the passion flower being a teaspoon full, about three times a day for about three weeks, then on the 4th week, I take passion flower and German chamomile teas for a week, then rest a week, then take the tinctures for 3 weeks again.

I am feeling much healthier, but am still taking my antipsychotic medication, olanzapine on a low dosage.

It is awful, to hear about the symptoms and side effects.
Violet46
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Theymakeyouwait » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:52 pm

Theymakeyouwait
Consumer 1
Consumer 1