Our partner

People I know in my voices.

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

People I know in my voices.

Postby Violet46 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:39 pm

I hear voices and quite often people I know are there in the voices and also famous people, from actors and musicians to Prince William! I find it very difficult not to believe they are real. I have been considering since I began hearing them 10 years ago, whether they are the actual people or not. My care worker and friends have regularly been in the voices, though being absolutely horrible to me. Has anyone else had these experiences and could you tell me if you think they are real telepathy?
Violet46
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: People I know in my voices.

Postby dissonantpsych » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:42 am

Stating to hear voices is no walk in the park, its easy to succumb ones sanity to these hallucinations and even more to a psychiatrists diagnose. I from experience can confirm and relate with you that these voices sound impeccably unmistakable in our own heads. Despite having never met these people, do you esteem them in some way? Or do you make up scenarios where by some circumstances you would find yourself exchanging a conversation with somehow?
I wish i could tell you it was as easy as deciding to "MUTE" them, or "CUT OFF" the ethereal cord your mind has cultivated, but it takes a strong will and reason to begin to rationalize them out of your head.
dissonantpsych
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:08 am

Re: People I know in my voices.

Postby Violet46 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:06 am

The voices are always people I do esteem. Though they are being horrible to me! Often a friend who assures me it isn't him when I ask him, but I don't quite believe it as it is so realistic, often saying words I don't know or relevant films that I haven't seen. Musicians saying I should not listen to their cds! Though I suppose if other people hear other voices, they aren't hearing me and mine.
Violet46
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:08 pm

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post