Our partner

voices TRIGGER WARNING

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

voices TRIGGER WARNING

Postby jessicaborthwick » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:17 am

hi I have 4 voices I also see them in human form and call the "evil people" no one else can see them. the voices are so over powering they tell m to hurt and stab people I know and don't know. I have acted on them twice once in a mental health unit I tried to strangle a nurse and I also tried to strangle my husband. anyway im finding it hard to not act on them again. I just got out of hospital. they tell me my meds are poison and not to take them which im fighting them to take them. I don't want to end up in prison again (long story) they are just so powerful and overwhelming. I have daily contact with my case managers at the moment. I don't know what to do anymore.
Do Not Distorb Im Distorbed Enough Already
jessicaborthwick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:06 am
Blog: View Blog (28)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: voices TRIGGER WARNING

Postby Malasha » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:34 am

The main thing you need to know is that voices can't be trusted! Why did you decide to obey their orders? It doesn't matter how many votes you have, 1, 4 or many. In everyday life if you see 4 people, then each of them has his own voice. But any voice, any sound can be modeled in your mind. Try to remember your favorite song and you will be surprised how easy your imagination will catch the image of the artist and simulate his voice.
But the situation now is that you hear voices ordering you to kill people. You perceive these voices as something separate from you. I hope you understand that you don't have to do that and you can have very bad consequences because of this? The voices can tell you anything. Voices are thoughts. All that comes to your mind is by definition your thoughts. We often can't control our thoughts. But our brain has the ability to separate normal thoughts from abnormal, absurd ones. It's not so much the thought that comes to mind that matters to us as the reaction to this thought. This reaction is always following the thought, it comes at least for a second, but later. Whatever the absurd thoughts may be, it is important for us to have a firm position on certain issues.
If you think that voices incline you to very bad actions, scold them with dirty words. Do not identify with them in what is not natural to your being. You must defend your position! Otherwise, you'll be stuck in a mental hospital or in prison.
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post