Our partner

uncommon negative symptoms

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

uncommon negative symptoms

Postby jadek » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi everybody,
I’m suffering from some uncommon negative symptoms that are really troubling me and I would like to know if anybody experienced it and can advice:
For the past 8 years, I’ve been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. A year ago I had my second psychotic episode. Today I’m taking perphenazine 8 mg and the positive symptoms are pretty much gone. I think that my attention and concentration are pretty much ok.
The uncommon negative symptoms started after the first psychotic break:

1. I’m having a really hard time recalling memories (long-term memory).

2. I don’t remember advanced and basic concepts like a baby, death, terminal illness and so on. It’s like all the associations related to a concept got deleted somehow. It applies to the majority of concepts.

3. I can’t keep an emotional connection. After both psychotic episodes I forgot everything I knew about my family members, I couldn’t recall shared experiences, and all love, closeness, affinity and care I had towards them were gone. It was a stable state that lasted years. finally, I managed to change it and create a strong emotional connection that got erased after the second psychotic break. [I forced myself to develop empathy towards a family member, and after he abandoned me I managed to recall personal stuff about him. these motivational forces aren’t present today].

Anybody can advise?
jadek
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post