Our partner

Truth of what the voices are saying

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Truth of what the voices are saying

Postby Violet46 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:44 am

I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia for 10 years, though I still don't have an opinion about where the voices come from, if they are from real people including people I know, or if they are hallucinated etc. I was just wondering if anyone has had an experience where they know what the voices are saying is not true, or if they are always telling the truth? My voices all sound quite believable, though people sometimes say they are not accurate.
Violet46
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Truth of what the voices are saying

Postby CityMouse » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:51 am

I can relate. My voices are all very believable too, like Dr. Phil as a sociopath who ruins lives. I watch the show and he's portrayed as a hero. But the Internet says otherwise.
CityMouse
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Postby Infinitude » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:27 am

If you're around other people, or there is something else like thinking about another person that makes it more likely that it's another person, then often it will be similar to what the other person is thinking.

Generally it will just be the voice speaking.

The voices are definitely able to lie. Sometimes, maybe usually, if they lie it will be a joke or a test or something along those lines.

Sometimes a sinister voice will step in and tell lies to cause havoc.

If your voices generally sound peaceful, then I suspect they probably are.
Dx: schizoaffective, social anxiety AKA spiritual and self-conscious
Infinitude
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:01 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Psymask » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:44 am

Does thought from others count as voices? If so I've asked my girlfriend so many times if she was thinking a certain thing after the though, and nope. Even with highly conscious people were left wondering about it didn't report any match, even when the though was specifically repeated to them.

I think it's a kind of understanding our minds generate. It's like we were heading towards pure consciousness but something In us turned away and split of from that pure non personal consciousness and that part of the self was left as an "I" and the split self left to operate in begrudgment or reverence of the "I". Sometimes hot, sometimes cold. All a dream either way.
Psymask
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:01 am

Postby Poisonchocolate » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:02 am

They just want to trick me and make me as confused as possible...
Poisonchocolate
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:01 pm

Postby Malasha » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:04 pm

You must not believe the voices!
But a person has at the subconscious level - he believes the voices! believes always! even if they lie all the time. These settings are not adjusted in any way. And to get around them, it is necessary to choose such tactics - first believe, but then always check the information from other sources.

Let's divide the information into two categories. The first will include everything that is not of fundamental importance to you and in case of change will not affect almost anything, except to respond with a sense of grievance. This information received from the voices, you can always believe and easily switch to any option. Determine for yourselves as a principled position - that the last is told, to that I believe.
And the second category includes what is important to you and in the case of incorrect information is very hard can affect your fate.

You must not believe the voices, but there are exceptions. Sometimes voices need to be believed.

Voices reflect the internal human problems, often the problem is not conscious, remove them from the subconscious on a language of thoughts, words, physical sensations. And you have to learn to change the conversation to make it interesting to you.

It is in the outside world you can easily identify yourself and your interlocutor. And in the world of feelings and energies completely different tools are used, they are much more diverse and interesting. If it is interesting to talk to voices-please! It usually does not cause any inconvenience. But it so happens that along with the voices there is a strong tension of the facial muscles. As soon as you notice it, go to the meditation mode - appreciate that the voices are uncomfortable, pulling attention to themselves. Then focus on the tension of the muscles of the face and head and then try to relieve these tensions, going to the level of inner comfort.

Sometimes the voices turn off themselves and there is a kind of emptiness in the head.
This is a normal condition. The impression that the thoughts are over, arises from the effect of the transition from one mode of the brain to another.
Thoughts is not over, but just the thought ceased to be spoken words. Therefore, it is better to go directly to the meditation mode and consciously erase all the words and thoughts that come to mind.

Sorry for my English.
Malasha
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:01 pm

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post